Latest threads in Car Modifications - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Life on Mars
Well, that was odd. All coming together for the big finale, though.
12
12

Network hub.
Guvnor at work looking for a fast 10-12 port network hub is a bit confused as far as specs go. So am I come to that. :-) Can anyone recommend a fast one, or what to look for in the specs to see how...
7
7

OT: Mobile cooling off period
Is there some sort of statutory cooling off period for mobile contracts? My bird's just signed a contract in phones for fuckig you and given their pressure sales tactics it's liable to be rather...
4
4

[OT] POP3 email recommendations
Now my Tiscali account has been cancelled I've lost my email address. I don't want to use my ntl one because it was used in the past when I signed up to stuff so it's full of spam... Can anyone...
5
5

Which cheap satnav?
As above, for the GF - wants something that is easy and works reliably! And doesent get confused? Tom tom 1? Cheap.... Navman cheapest one? Etc...
29
29

OT: The state of the internet today
'm not quite sure what to say. Another point of view
12
12

Ping: David Lane
You may want to check out ASAP, 'cos there's an XJ40 being given away over there. Has to be gone this weekend, though. Somewhere in the Hertfordshire area, ISTR.
1
1

OTish: Becker VS Pioneer
I'm after a head unit. It looks like it's going to be between a Becker Mexico Pro or a Pioneer DEH-P77MP. The Pioneer has a higher quoted power output (27W VS 17W IIRC, both DIN), but the Becker also...
18
18

Ping: Carl
CD in the post, sent though internal mail at work (ahem) so I hope it arrives... I put a couple of Epoxies albums on there, since Zombina are supporting them. And Necromantix 'Return of the Loving...
3
3

Ford Ka + ...
RST Lump. Fun? Good weather is coming in and I'm looking for a summer project. My V6 Astra wasn't as good as I thought it'd be last year...
16
16

Anyone got a SOC for sale?
Must be under £500, smaller than a Xsara / Mondeo etc. Preferably Diesel or smallish petrol - at least capable of 35mpg but able to go on the motorway fairly happily. Height adjustable driver's seat...
10
10

Car mods in Ipswich/Suffolk
Guys Hope you can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a club / group that does car mods in the Ipswich or Suffolk Area. I'm planning a mini motorshow thing for June time, and we'd quite...
2
2

Is Araldite ok for metal?
On my rather old tube of 'regular' Araldite it says it is ok for metal. If this is so then why would I ever use one of those 2-part adhesives sold specially for metal? I mean the sort of thing that is...
20
20

That was a bit of a head scratcher.
Decided to do the plugs etc this bright and shiney day. Did the plugs on the first easy to get at bank no worries. Fired it up, ran great. Undid the AFM, lifted it carefully out the way, and swapped...
2
2