Latest threads in Car Modifications - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1.8T Woes.
Morning gents, I've just gone all hairdresser and bought a broken 1.8T Audi TT to do up. Anyone left here wot knows 1.8Ts? Here's a pic of the inlet side of my Turbo: guess the oil seals have probably...
22
22

Ping SteveH
Found this while checking my email folders for some work stuff: finally got rid of that 500 quid diesel ("likely to be an utterly horrible car" "some sort of mega mileage non-turbo lump") a couple of...

What does yours go to?
Tacho goes to 9K. Mobnes 200sx s13 testrun 2010 1.9bar 2nd and 3rd gear.
3
3

OT I'm being priced off the road...
In the true spirit of this newsgroup, I'm being priced off the road. So it feels. Thing is, I can't justify spending so much on insurance when I take the bus to work and as much as I enjoy the Saab,...
14
14

Enhance your modifications
We all like to see a clean car. Whether your car is small or large, old or new, there is nothing like seeing it gleam and sparkle. With the money you have sent modifying your car, you want to hold on...
3
3

Coolant Heater
Just wondered if anyone has a coolant heater fitted to their car? I am thinking of getting one and just wondered how much it would cost to buy and have fitted just for a smalled engined petrol car?
6
6

Mini Road Test :- Pug 207 1.4 HDi
Before I picked this one up, one of the lads said, "do you know these pool cars are restricted to 62mph" ? There and then, my challenge there and then was of course to make it go faster than that,...
4
4

Mini Road Test :- Fiat Punto 1.4 Evo
1.4 litres of throbbing 8 valve power... Much more willing than yesterday's Meriva. Much shorter geared too, but even though it revved a little higher on the motorway, it was more pleasant with it....
4
4

Mini Road Test :- Vauxhall Meriva
New car but old model. Had it to today as a hire car. Bleeeccchhhhhh........ The end.
3
3

Paging Adrian
Suits you, sir.
6
6

Duration of insurance for getting tax...
I've got a car up for sale and wanted to tax it, but don't currently have any insurance on it. I can get a one day policy with a downloadable certificate easily enough for a few quid, but do they...
25
25

I'm an MX5 Poof....
Sold the Cinq earlier this week and appear to have put down a deposit on a Mk1 MX-5. 122k miles, history, new MOT, cheap as chips. 'Bought' unseen, aside from a phone call and photos, but it looks...
17
17

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
A couple of mates rolled up early this am. One of them's buying one of the 2cvs from us, so they were borrowing my car trailer to get it home. Just had a phone call. "Are you sitting down?" Oh. Gawd....
13
13

The E class has gone
and the C class is being modded... Gone - E270CDI. The Luxobarge that Steve H(eartattack) took the piss(at) of so much has been replaced by something more modern. C320CDI sport with the advanced...
1
1

Plate that reminded me of urcm..
Was driving behind an older Ford Explorer with the plate 'EXPLDER', which somehow made me think of this forgotten place on the Internets...
4
4