Best Rated threads in Car Modifications - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Boost gauge with a KKK turbo
Ok, bit of help needed here. Any idea how to fit a boost gauge if your turbo has an integral actuator?
13
13

ABF power
What's a realistic power output for an ABF (16V MK3 Golf engine) running on megasquirt with standard everything? And what would be realistic with a bit of porting? A lot of people wander around...
54
54

Vectra C pipe mod on Astra G!
I noticed this before - required pipe and adapter are available for around £15 from the Vauxhall Main Dealer. That pipe is from the 2.0 / 2.2 & 3.2 Vectra C diesel models. It does fit the Astra but...
64
64

Citroen AX Overheating WHY??
Help Please. Bought L reg citroen ax. Clean car, so dissapointed that after about tens mins of driving over heat light comes on. Cant find any leaks + cant take water cap off for a long while as water...
2
2

Difference between 8v and 16v?
What is the difference between an 8 valve engine and a 16 valve one? Sorry! I don't know much about cars and engines. 16v is better than 8v right? And what is the difference between for example 8v and...
10
10

Fiesta 1.3 CFI carb conversion
Hi, I have a good old Ford Fiesta 1.3 CFI, HCS engine, 1995. I'd like to fit a Weber carb on it to avoid all the misery of this unreliable genuine injection system. Do you think it's technically...
12
12

Chaved.
I happened to be following a car yesterday registered thusly:- C 1 1 A V D, the characters spaced apart as per my keyboarding. Imagine a fixing screw between the 1 & 1 & it reads "CHAVD". The car was...
5
5

XUD Normally Aspirated tuning
I have a 1.9 XUD NA in my minibus. According to the manual, this develops 68PS. Is there anything I can do to improve matters? The bus weights up to 2800kg loaded, and I often tow heavy trailers (up...
63
63

Non-Factory Spark Plug Gap Setting?
Hi All, Quick question: After modifying the ignition system, is there any logical method or rule of thumb for changing the factory-recommended spark plug gap? Engine in question is an '86 Corvette...
8
8

Blowing flexible pipe and MOT!
Hi guys, MOT due on the Vectra on Tuesday, it's got a bit of a blow through the flexible exhaust pipe which connects the down pipes to the cat. This bit of the exhaust is one whole lump with the cat....
5
5

Top Gear...
The speed camera Osama Bin Laden bit was comedy :D And the mini-cabbing made me larf. Clarksons quality overtaking in that Merc will no doubt get a few complaints.... That Dutch Spyker C8 thing was...
4
4

big block v8's BMW E36 diffs
hey peeps with the punto nearly completed(just waiting on the new manifolds to arrive) i'm looking to slot an 8 into something a bit more sedate thinking along the lines of a nice E36 4door anyone...
41
41

Mercedes Experts? Fixing/modifying E270Cdi
We have a problem with a delayed (big style) response from a 6 month old E270Cdi Mercedes. Following vid clip (1.9Mb) shows it nicely: 1 second I nail the throttle, right foot flat on the floor, nice...
35
35

Since June '88, I've owned (LONG)
RWM 248K - Mini 850 LG 4726 - Austin Healey Sprite SEL 27H - Mk1 Escort RDP 326R - Mk4 Cortina OJP 771R - Escort Mk2 POV 50R - Mini 1275 GT BDJ 286T - Cortina Mk4 (RIP) JLV 832P - Cortina 2000E GOM...
15
15

FS. Rover V8 Twin Turbo kit.
Stick it all in the Seirra. You know you want to.
56
56

citroen xsara central locking problems
When i lock the doors with the remote or the key the locking system locks then unlocks and i cannot lock the doors. anybody know what the problem is or does anyone no how to disable the central...
16
16

Access to Vauxhall technical Bulletins?
Does anyone on this group have access to Vauxhall Technical Bulletins or papers? I am in a bit of a dispute with Lookers over a faulty CD30 radio in a 2004 car now out of warranty by a few months. The...
16
16

Twin DCOE 40's on a 1760 crossflowflow
I just got hold of a 1968 Escort with a full race spec crossflow. The only trouble is it won't run right at all. Basically it runs well above 3000rpm, but below that you've got to really tickle the...
21
21

Skoda repair
Hi all, The wife bumped her Skoda Octavia recently, and we had to get it repaired by the insurance company (it caused quite a lot of damage the plastic elements etc). The accident involved her hitting...
8
8

Mondeo ST220 Vs Vectra GSi
Looking into getting one or the other, fancy a big roomy car, fast, with full leather interior, nicely specced & still under manufacturers warranty (car about 2 - 2.5 yr old) these seem ideal, cost...
35
35