Latest threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reved-Up Idle -- What's Your Diagnosis?
My 5-liter Cobra has developed a problem with its idle. It will, on occasion, soon after driving away after a start or sometimes a restart, rev up to about 1,300-1,600 rpms. No amount of throttling it...
7
7

Need help with timing specs on a 90 2.3 mustang
I replaced the pick up and module in mustang and reinstalled the distributor but all the stickers are missing under the hood. All the manuals say get the specs from under the hood so I'm out of luck....

Door panel numbers?
Were can I find what the numbers on the door panel mean? My '71 Grande is listed as Body 65F, Col 6, Trim 4B, Axle 9, Trans 5 and DSO 72. Thanks mike
2
2

Automatic Frog
TFrog passed 199,000 miles yesterday. Passing a truck on an open stretch of highway, I kept my foot in it a little longer than normal, and backed off at 112mph. Nothing spectactular about that speed,...
3
3

Oil shaft ?
Rebuilding 351 C. Going to install the distributor, and low and behold it won't go all the way in with the oil pump shaft in. With it out dist goes in easily. If you haven't guessed, yes I SHOULD have...
1
1

The Bungling Of The Mercury Brand
Read this and weep...
6
6

Removing old grommet
There is a rubber grommet through which an elbow passes on top of the valve cover. The elbow then connects via hose to the air cleaner. I want to replace the stock air cleaner and place a breather in...
2
2

Four-Door Mustangs/Camaros Coming Soon To A Showroom Near You
First from Hemmings we read about the 2012 Mustang: "The chassis could be shared with Australian Falcon and could spawn a sedan similar to the 427 concept car for the US market." And now this about a...
25
25

Used SVT Cobra Prices
Per Hemming's Muscle Machines: SVT Cobras: 1993 -- "These cars have rarely dipped below five figures since they were new, but while researching this story we did find a nice '93 in teal for $9,500....
5
5

Carpet for '71
The J.C. Whitney catalogue lists carpeting for my '71 Grande. The choices are Mach1(69-73), Mustang(64-70), Ranchero(60-71) and Torino(68-71). What car from the list is closest to a '71 Grande? Thanks...
2
2

rear seat belts
Hi, Just new to this group thing. I am rebuilding a 65 mustang convertible an want to install rear seat belts in the stock location (I know you can just drill through the panel and put washers on the...

Question: dwell angle
The original owner of this 351C 4V replaced the original points with electronic "points". Is there any dwell adjustment that needs to be made? Thanks mike
2
2

2002 Mustang 6cyl -Automatic slow response to downshifting
I have a 2002 Mustang 6cyl automatic. Since the day i got the car new it has always been very slow to to respond to downshifting when i step on the accelerator. When i do it manually there's no...
3
3

OT: VW Commercial With Slash
Anybody see the new VW commercial with Slash playing guitar through the car stereos? There's even a little VW insignia on the guitar's fretboard. Fabulous! Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with...
6
6

WTB: 85-93 Fox Saleen
I'm looking to buy a Saleen Mustang. Preferably an 87-89 model, although I'd consider earlier or later year fox cars. I'm really only interested in a hatchback car. No coupes or convertables. I'm not...