Latest threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

90 Mustang headliner
x-no-archive:yes The back of the headliner in my 90 mustang is falling. It is a vynle tyoe material. I have a factory sunroof. Is it hard to replace this myself? Does the sunroof make it difficult?...

trouble with 1968 mustang
I just recently bought a 1968 mustang coupe with a straight six. When I bought it, it had been sitting for about a year. After driving it for about ten minutes it began to sputter like it wasn't...
7
7

Tire rubbing problem
My front tires rub on the bottom portion of the fender when the wheels are slightly turned. Otherwise, clearance is fine. Any suggestions as to how I can roll the bottom edge of the fender about 1/2...
2
2

Serpentine Belt Problem
The A/C Compressor (with "Factory Air" and not "dealer air") died in my 93 GT about 18 months ago and the Compressor Clutch recently failed catastrophically. Since I cannot afford to replace the...
4
4

90 mustang 5.0 GT project for sale cheap
I have a 1990 5.0 GT for sale car is stripped needs put back together most parts are included. Comes with new uninstalled full roll cage, new installed painless wire harness set up to be carb(comes...

Mufflers for 87-93 5.0
Hi all. I just posted questions about emissions testing, and would like to thank those who responded. I've concluded my best bet would be to go ahead and install ordinary tailpipes on my GT again....
8
8

'65/66 fastback over '03 Cobra chassis
In my latest Car Craft there's a picture from a car show of a yellow '65 fastback body installed over a '03 Cobra chassis. '03 Cobra drivetrain and suspension, but the '65 fastback design. That's...
2
2

Shimmy while braking.. "You make the diagnosis"
Hello all... My 2001 GT has a shimmy while braking at highway speeds. It is felt in the steering wheel. This shimmy is not being caused by a warped rotor. Also... The tires are new and the pressure is...
15
15

Taking sideview mirror apart?
I've got the entire housing off of the 88 mustang but I cant tell how to get the mirro off to get to the motor. I see a screw back inbehind the mirror but no way to get to it. Any ideas?
4
4

Question octane rating
I understand that what octane meant in 1971 no longer applies. Just received a set of owner's manuals purchased on eBay for my 1971 Mustang. The book says I need 99.8 octane. Where do I buy that? Do I...
12
12

GM Talks Camaro
--- Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner announced today that GM will build an all-new version of the Chevrolet Camaro sport coupe based on the award-winning concept that stole the spotlight at the North...
27
27

Rear end growl carrier bearings? 2000 GT
i am hearing a growl from the left side of the rear end. i have smoothed the rear disks and pads. i don't think it is brakes. my tires are bad, and they do sing on pavement, but i hear a growling...
2
2

Engine Stalls
Hello, I recently found and bought my dream car, a '65 Mustang Coupe. I tried taking her out for a drive and discovered that the car stalls when you hit the brake. I stoped for a stop sign and when I...
2
2

Funny video - What showing off will get you.
Dang... that was pretty stupid!
12
12

5.0 Mustang Cowl Shake/strut brace/subframe connectors
Hi - I bought myself a very nice clean 89 LX 5.0 convertible and it is my first fox body car and I can really see why this car has such a lot of fans - it is great and I can see these cars being put...
2
2