225 vs 210 HP == 289

Actually, I believe the 289 case can be used to build a 302 due to camshaft and connecting rod differences in length and stroke. Can't use 289 pistons though, as the skirt is too long and will hit on the 302 crank counterweights. Otherwise, block heights and bores are exactly the same... (This info has been seriously studied due to my 289 crank being well and truely shot, after being rebuilt by French (read Crap!) mechanics...and needing to know all the possibilities, as 289 cranks are rare as rocking horse sh*t!)

Kevin (67 conv. money eater - 289 4V in restoration)

"Stuart&Janet" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

message

Reply to
elmo

I talked to him last night and he thought it was actualy where the oil pump mounted that needed to be cleared for the longer stroke, but he wasn't 100% sure. It has only been around 10 years and countless beers since he had done it. - lol

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Ah yes, the old "countless beers" memory thing. I know it well.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet