$ 567.00 for ten minutes labor !?!?!?!?!

This is exactly why you don't go to a dealer once the warranty has expired. Spend some time finding a trustworthy mechanic. Years ago I had my Ford dealer tell me they had no way to drain the rear diff fluid from my Bronco. I got a $10 drill mounted pump and a length of rubber hose and did it myself in 30 minutes. Dealers are not to be trusted.

mike

Reply to
Michael

What is the likelyhood that all three of these components failed at the same time? Might have been just a bad vacuum hose generating default codes from the idle control circuitry. I don't know how exacting the OBC's are but it is interesting that the last thing replaced (vacuum hose) fixed the problem.

Howard

1989 LX 5.0 vert
Reply to
Howard Nelson

That's why you should always let it be known to the repair shop that you want the old parts, and put it on the work order before any work is started. You might be surprised at the rise in competancy level from mediocre mechanics.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to