A Look Inside the Wiseco, K1, And ERL-Built 351 Coyote Short Block

They say 351ci is the max a Coyote will go, but it can spin up to

8,500rpm and can handle up to 2000hp!

Gill

-- Cool article!

-- Now two things:

With the larger bore and shorter stroke capability of these engines allowing for unheard of RPM ranges, Nutter believes this combination will run roughshod over the competition in road racing venues. States Nutter, =93With these guys reaming these things to 7,800 RPM on stock heads, this thing is just going to dominate. Think about what our GM stuff has to do to handle 7,800 RPM; and this thing is doing it with stock heads.=94

-- The heads on the new 5.0 are simply amazing!

While the advantages of Wiseco=92s new short block assembly are plentiful, like anything, there=92s always bad news to go with the good. The bad news in this case, however, isn=92t of Wiseco=92s doing, but simply the constraints of the original Coyote engine design. =93We=92re pretty well at the end of the road with it. When we model these combinations, we take the engine right up to the very limit and then we call it a day, and on this particular engine, 351 cubic inches is all that we could get out of it and still have a beefy combination,=94 Nutter says. =93For lighter-duty naturally aspirated applications, we could possibly install a long rod in it, but there=92s not much more that you=92ll be able to do with this engine.=94

-- Umm, I think if you're able to make in excess of 1,000HP and possibly up around 2,000, I don't think a limit of 351 cubes is an issue.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

-- Cool article!

-- Now two things:

With the larger bore and shorter stroke capability of these engines allowing for unheard of RPM ranges, Nutter believes this combination will run roughshod over the competition in road racing venues. States Nutter, ?With these guys reaming these things to 7,800 RPM on stock heads, this thing is just going to dominate. Think about what our GM stuff has to do to handle 7,800 RPM; and this thing is doing it with stock heads.?

-- The heads on the new 5.0 are simply amazing!

While the advantages of Wiseco?s new short block assembly are plentiful, like anything, there?s always bad news to go with the good. The bad news in this case, however, isn?t of Wiseco?s doing, but simply the constraints of the original Coyote engine design. ?We?re pretty well at the end of the road with it. When we model these combinations, we take the engine right up to the very limit and then we call it a day, and on this particular engine, 351 cubic inches is all that we could get out of it and still have a beefy combination,? Nutter says. ?For lighter-duty naturally aspirated applications, we could possibly install a long rod in it, but there?s not much more that you?ll be able to do with this engine.?

-- Umm, I think if you're able to make in excess of 1,000HP and possibly up around 2,000, I don't think a limit of 351 cubes is an issue.

Patrick

Reply to
huhie

Which is the reason why I think you'll see AWD systems, like on the new Ferrari FF, in our future "blue collar" muscle machines.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Which is the reason why I think you'll see AWD systems, like on the new Ferrari FF, in our future "blue collar" muscle machines.

Patrick

Yea! I'll go for that ! they hug the road, go like gangbusters.

Reply to
huhie

I've often wondered if an AWD super car of some sort went to an NHRA approved track and ran faster than 12 seconds, would he get booted out for CV joints? As I remember if you run under 12 you must have a solid axle.

Reply to
WindsorFo