Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sulphur smell in 05 Mustang GT
I've got about 500 miles on my GT since Saturday--can't help it--and have begun to notice a rotton egg smell now and then in the cabin. I'm using regular gas. Our 2003 Honda Accord V6 is REALLY bad...
17
17

How to turn off "theft" light in 99 Mustang?
Coupla nights ago, I accidentally pressed the panic button on the factory remote. In the ensuing panic to turn the horn off before it awakened all my neighbors, I must've done something to screw...
11
11

69' 302 has rough idle
Heres the deal, Just got a 1969 torino, runs like a rat, actually runs out great but barely will idle, Has headers and a holley 2 BBL, tried a tune up, same, has 125 lbs compression across the board,...
10
10

1996 Mustang GT clutch problems
I've been reading some of the other posts regarding clutch problems on Mustangs. The problem I'm having with my clutch seems different then most of the other posts. When starting from a dead stop, the...
5
5

Vacuum Hose Routing for a 1970 Mustang with a 351C 4V Dual Diaphragm Distributor
Can someone explain the vacuum hose routing diagram for a 1970 Mustang with a 351C 4V that uses a Dual Diaphragm Distributor? Regards, Ed White
1
1

1995 Mustang: Wipers Won't Turn Off! Any Ideas, Please?
Vehicle: 1995 Mustang Coupe, 3.8L 6-cyl, auto Symptoms: Wipers run continuously as long as ignition switch is not turned off unless wiper fuse is removed. The wipers run at low speed if the switch is...
4
4

Compare gas mileage between 2.73 and 3.27 gear ratios in rear diff?
17
17

Need help with my 2007 Mustang GT V8 4.6l throttle body adjustment screw?
Hi I am new here. I am have trouble with my 2007 Mustang GT V8 4.6l automatic. Is getting no throttle response and is throwing codes p2111 p2104. I've tried everything then noticed the flap wasn't...

Autolite distributor lower bushing - '65 289 single point
Anybody have any insight where I might be able to locate the lower bushing for this distributor? I've got it cleaned up and rebuilt but the bushing is incredibly loose and sloppy on the shaft, about...
1
1

Moving oil pressure gauge
Hi all. I just purchased a 93 Cobra. Needless to say, I'm in love. In addition to the usual Ford mods, the last owner put a C&L TB on it, K&N, fuel pressure indicator, headers, no cats, new exhaust....
9
9

toploader 4spd question?
What oil should I run in my toploader 4spd? 20w 50 or 90w gear oil?
9
9

65-66 Horn ring Removal
Hi there, I need to memove the horn ring from the steering wheel in order to remove the steering from the steering column. Any ideas? Kind regards Amar (SA)
4
4

What to set timing to with b303 cam?
Hey all! In my efforts to pass Tn emissions I set the timing on my mustang from 14-15 back to the stock 10. The '88 msutang has a b303 cam in it and 1.5inch headers. I got to thinking about it, should...
4
4

Problem with brake/shift interlock....
1994 Mustang 3.8L The gearshift has a thumb button that requires you to press it before it will shift out of park. This is obviously a safety mechanism. There has been some of malfunction and the...
7
7

tach wiring 01 GT
I just got a Autometer tach for my 01 Gt convert. and I want to know exactly where to wire the tach signal up at. don't want to fry anything? is there a place under that dash or one under the hood if...

Equal length header - burning my plug wires!!!!!
Has anyone experienced an issue with the equal length header burning your plug wires?? I have a 95 GT and have recently installed some equal length headers. The only problem is that one of the plug...
17
17

85 GT CFI stalls when it gets hot
I just bought an 85 GT and when it has been running for about 15 minutes it stalls at idle. As long as I keep the engine revved up to about 1000 rpm it will keep running but rough. I?ve replaced the...
11
11

Elevated Engine temperature on Hot days or rush hour traffic
I own a 1998 3.8L V-6 stang w/160k miles & have recently had an issue w/the engine running warm. It hasn't overheated but it runs poorly w/the A/C running on hot days or in rush hour traffic....
26
26

Bending power steering line
Is it very difficult to bend steel power steering lines. I have a 66 inline 6 mustang that I need to replace the steel portion ofhe return line from the pump to the control valve. It needs to be...
2
2

Pre-ignition engine oiler
Anyone ever use one? They seem like great ideas and are quite reasonably priced - in the sense that an engine overhaul is a lot more! I'm seriously tempted to get one as I can't see a downside. Any...
3
3