Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which is A/C low-side on '96?
Can someone please tell me which port is the low-side on a 1996 mustang? Assume i'm a complete idiot and have no idea how A/C works. (Which is half-true -- i'll let you decide which half) Is it the...
10
10

2005 Mustang GT Rattle
Hi, I've got an intermittant rattle in my '05 GT. It seems to be coming from the front dash - either behind the center left air conditioning vent, or the speedometer. It doesn't rattle every time I...
19
19

remove "powerpoint" outlet?
OK, for $35M they don't give you a cigarette lighter with your Mustang.......got tired of looking at that cheap "power point" plug in the dash, so ordered the smoker's set ($98 for a plastic cup,...
5
5

Engine overheat and cool air -thermostat?
Yesterday coming home from work in -10 C, a 26 km drive, I was getting just cold air through the heater. I was watching the temp guage all the way home and as I got near my home about 20 minutes in,...
1
1

Loose trans mainshaft
99 V6 AT(AODE) 'vert, 120k miles. I've been hearing a *clunk, clunk, clunk* from the rear of my car on deceleration / coasting. Can only really hear it below 35mph, or when barley giving it gas at...
9
9

Popping exhaust causes?
When I installed long tube headers on my '66 coupe with a 289 I noticed popping sounds in the exhaust when I would decelerate in gear. It has grown slightly worse and now also does it when I am...
17
17

Code P1413
I'm trying to fix a friends 2000 V6mustang coupe... I keep getting a code P1413. It has something to do with the SAI. So far, I have replaced the air pump, air pump check valve, and the solid state...

Missing at 3,000 rpm
I have a 1972 Ford Mustang, 351C-4v. It has an Edelbrock Performer Intake, and Edelbrock Performer 750cfm carb, with vacuum secondaries. I just swapped the stock dizzy, with a MSD pro-billet (magnetic...
7
7

2006 Mustang GT grinding noise (transmission??)
After two months of waiting I got my new 2006 Mustang GT a couple of weeks ago. It is a _manual transmission_, and from day one I am hearing a grinding noise under certain conditions that makes me...
7
7

Is this a regular Mustang?
"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood never gave us refunds for in the past"
3
3

67 Mustang: Fan rub on shroud
Looking for anyone that may have a similar setup to check or knows if my setup is correct. On my '67 289, no AC, no PS, 20" radiator, I tried to install a fan shroud, but the fan rubs at the top and...
5
5

Texarkana Mustang show at Mc Clarty Auto Mall
I know there is supposed to be a Mustang show tomorrow, but cannot remember what time it is, and the newspaper got thrown out I remember someone in here mentioned Texarkana once, hope they read this,...
3
3

70 interior
Any one know how many mustang FB where done with the orange interior{verillim}
6
6

Finding kelly blue book value for '99 mustang 35th anniversary?
How can I search kelly blue book to see the value of a 35th anniversary '99 Mustang ? KBB doesn't have an option where I can choose this model car. The car's red, it's a coupe, and it's being sold for...
5
5

GT40s vs GT40Ps - The Numbers
I thought the old 5-oh/302 guys would be interested in this info.
13
13

67 mustang coupe clutch pedal on floor
clutch pedal on floor three speed sunk to floor, linkage looks ok all way to tranny/ does this sound like throw out bearing. thanks for any info!
13
13

Gunky Master Cylinder
Took a look inside my (drained) master cylinder today in my '66 coupe that I'm restoring. In the bottom was a sort of black, syrup gunk that I think is ancient brake fluid remnants. Is this something...
1
1

SN95 headlight upgrade. Advice needed.
Alas, my stock headlight lenses have gotten to the point where polishing and waxing doesn't cut it anymore. So I have to look into replacing them. Since I am somewhat nightblind I need all the light...
19
19

'66 Mustang drum -> power front disc conversion
I'm planning to convert my '66 Mustang to power-assist front disc brakes. Here's the link to the parts for the mod, from Mustang Depot of Las Vegas: this a good mod? Is the price ($1029) reasonable?...
14
14

5.0 Engine Whine
I just got my car back from the shop. {I was rear ended) Now it makes a really high pitched whine when idling and under light load. When I put a little more load on it, it sounds like it goes away but...
9
9