Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: 03 GT Convertible Power Windows
On a slightly related topic, does your driver's window have"auto-down"? By that I mean does it go down all the way with one touch? According to the owner's manual, it's supposed to but mine doesn't...
4
4

93 2.3L EEC-IV code 543
Hello friends, I was hoping someone could help stear me in the right direction. 9 months ago I replaced the fuel pump and filter in my 93 mustang lx 4 cyl. The pump left me stranded a the grocery...
6
6

Info on Holley LIST4698 Carburetor, Please
I'm trying to find out what a Holley LIST4698 carburetor is and, in particular, what vehicle/engine it might have been original equipment for. Holley doesn't publish any info for it, and a web search...
1
1

IPOD connection on 2006 Mustang
Hello All Im a new Mustang owner. My radio is equiped with an auxilliary input for IPOD use. I wondering if there is a non OEM cable available for me to install which doesnt require a lot of work?...
2
2

'03 Cobra -- where to jack?
I want to get my '03 Cobra up on four jack stands so that I can rotate the tires. I plan to put the stands beneath the four rail indentations intended for the stock jack (per the manual). What I'm not...
7
7

'67 Engine bay dimensions
Hey Guys and Gals Ok, so my Stang's been cut up and "repaired" several times apparently and now I'm ready to restore her correctly, I'm coming across more and more problems as I go on.... I've hoisted...
5
5

Missing VEC (Vehicle Emission Control) Label
According to any local dealership should be able to provide a replacement sticker if I provide them with my VIN. One local dealership said they need the VIN and the number from the old sticker (or the...
5
5

transgo shift kit problems!!
last month we installed a transgo shift kit into our 95 stang AODE trans.Well after 3 trys and numerous conversations with transgo we shit canned the transgo kit for Performance automatics valve body...
35
35

1999 Cobra Mustang: CV Boot torn
During my last oil change the guys at the shop told me that my CV Boot was torn on the left (driver) rear wheel. I've called the dealerships here in Dallas and they've all told me that you can't just...
4
4

1992 *Stored <1500 mi* LX 5.0 Sedan Bimini Blue Mustang
Just did a little check on for Mustang 5.0 convertibles (1988-93) and came up with not one, but TWO 1992 GT convertibles, each professing under 100 miles on the clock, and each listed at $41,995 (and...
8
8

AOD or A4LD
Your car (V8) will have the AOD, the A4LD was placed in the 4 cylinder cars. TIM -aka- PonyPerformance.com
3
3

Mustang power window bounce back calibration does not workwhen following owners guide. (FIX)
Hello, thought I'd share this fix I found on the Internet for power windows on 2005 - 2007 Mustangs. This happened to me last week when I hadn't driven the car for 4 days or so due to the holidays,...

Emergency brake adjustment s197
Have a 07 and just lowered it 1 1/4. problem is cables seem to have pulled tight. how are they adjusted or is it possible i have them pulled to tight when rerouted. if they adjust it must be at the...
3
3

1967 Mustang Charging System Questions
We just got a 67 mustang with 302 and after driving it for about 2 weeks it quit on way home and wouldnt restart. Recharged the battery and it started right up and drive for another 2 days and then it...
9
9

Torque converter early lock up
I have a '01 GT that has the shudder problem, i.e. the TC lock up engages too early. Any ideas how to fix it? Is there an easy way to get the PCM updated so that it engages only at higher speed/RPMs?...
8
8

351C 4V engine markings
My 351C 4V has a "square" block and the head is stamped "4 dot". What is the difference between the "4" stamp and "4 dot"? Also the "D" block vs. "square" block. mike
3
3

Q: Cylinder #2 Not Firing (1997 Ford Mustang, V6, 3.8L)
1997 Ford Mustang, V6, 3.8L - Car has lost power and engine is running rougher. - Autozone diagnosed that cylinder 2 wasn't firing. - Removed #2 spark plug wire from ignition module, held close to...
7
7

1965 Mustang Rear End Data Plate
Hoping someone out there could decode the following rear end data plate: WCZ-E 2.80 5DC 911 I'll be rebuilding it and while at it I was considering the SSBC rear disc conversion. I put the SSBC front...
2
2

351 Windsor Oil Pressure Problem
My question is about a 351 Windsor engine. On cool days (70 degrees), it runs fine and the engine temp hovers only halfway to the red zone and the oil pressure is steady. On hot days (over 80...
11
11

'98 Mustang speedometer not working - help!
I have a 1998 Mustang and the speedometer has stopped working. Apparently this has happened before with the previous owner and then suddenly it would start working again. I was driving and the...
1
1