Mustang not to be sold to rental outlets

Ford of Canada's 37 year old president wants to protect the retail attractiveness of the model. Same goes for the Freestyle and 500 sedans.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Sounds like Ford of Canada's 37 year old president is an idiot.

His MBA has warped his brain.

Many people's FIRST ride in a Mustang is in a rental. He's a frikkin boob.

And "retail attractiiveness" and 500? Yeah. Whatever. 500 looks like a warmed over Taurus/Buick mutant.

And GM and Ford are wondering why they're losing marketshare. Sombody better overthrown the MBA's/bean counters who do the analysis at these companies. They seem to be unable to find their ass with both hands.

Jimmy

Hasn't he ever rented and driven a mustang convertible on the Hawaiian Islands? I have. It makes re-living the memory worth the cost of the car!

Reply to
John

I think you've got this a little backward. The best selling sedan in America is the Toyota Camry and they do not see in the rental market nor do they sell in the fleet market. Which begs the question: how did some many people get to like the car if they didn't get a chance to try in as a car rental. The answer is probably reputation, a very good reputation for quality as evidenced by the so many awards the car gets. As for the Mustang, I don't think they need the car rental market to boost sales. They can't make enough of the cars at the moment to satisfy demand.

Reply to
punk-tilous