just saw......

Just saw my first 2005 muzy in the flesh at Glasgow airport, Scotland this morning...dark blue metalic ,good looking car...I would swop my '66 coupe for that !...which is more than I would say for the '74 to '94 versions......what a waste of 20years...looks just as easy to design a good looking car as a bad one.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

sorry I meant to say '74 to '04....30 years!!!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Reply to
D.K.R.

Awwwww c'mon now! The Fox Notch was as sweet a Mustang as you could ever see..

Now, go wash your mouth out.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top. With a funny little Ford face that only a mother could love.
Reply to
SVTKate

what a waste of 20years...looks just as easy to design a

no taste...... :~)

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

And thats why your family never left the 'old world' I imagine? taste? :)

My personal fav Mustang of 71+ would be a 85 GT with T-Tops, in red, with grey interior (red piping). There are so few nice four-eye examples around these days... Sigh... I saw a 85 GT convertible (same color scheme) when I went for groceries the other nite. Now thats a fairly rare car these days. It was in real nice shape too.

jim.gm4dhj wrote:

Reply to
cprice

Nearly ! did my Grandfather went over worked in Newark NJ just before the war in '38 told his wife to sell up and come over but then changed his mind and came home.... shame...

I visted you lot in '79 '84 '02....things appear to be going down hill at every visit....never mind...

Another one with no taste..... :~)

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

"jim.gm4dhj" wrote : Another one with no taste..... :~) : LOL but .... it would seem that the general consensus is... you be wrong kiddo!

;¬Þ Kate

Oh, and.... I personally prefer the SN95 body style. Sleek, sexy... oh yea.

Reply to
SVTKate

My family lived with your lot in 59-61 - Troon... right next door to St Andrews... and Prestwick.... Good people but the cars were kinda sucky... : ) Ford Anglia, Vauxhall, etc....

I do believe that it is a real challenge to actually design and produce an ugly car.... I'm reminded of the Edsel, Aztec, and a few others through the intervening years.... considering all the people who have to be convinced that the public will scoop them up, and the company is not going to lose any money on them.

Even some Mustang IIs are getting hot....

So, >

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

no taste and no sense of direction !!!

tell me about it.......

never.....!

people with no taste will buy anything !......one of my checks is to ask people if they think the Jaguar XJ-S was a good looking car....if they say yes they have no taste...simple......

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

hope not.....

Noooooooooo!....rear overhang too short........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

I know I said 2005 and older than '74 were the best looking Mustangs ...but I have to say the '71/ '73 coupe (back window) and the '67/'68 fastbacks (slope shouldn't have gone all the way to the tail) were not very pleasing....from some angles.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Settle down, Jim.

"No taste" simply means "doesn't agree with me." It's irrelevant what anyone thinks of a car's design, other than those who choose to buy one.

The VW Thing was sold to quite a few folks who had no taste. The current Scion box is absolutely horrid, but that's only MY opinion - they seem to sell well enough.

Frankly, some of the classic designs that are held up as automotive sculpture do little for me. That's what opinions are for. How boring, if we all thought alike.

Come to think of it, if we all thought the same about beauty, there would have been far too much competition over the woman who eventually became my wife...

So, you say you have a '66. That style must have pleased your eye. And between '66 and 2005, you haven't met a Mustang you liked... All well and fine. Frankly, I saw the '66 as a huge disappointment, and a styling faux pas that Ford didn't fix until the release of the Fox-body in 1979. The penultimate design styling, the year in which Ford finally got the Mustang perfected, was 1993.

So there.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"jim.gm4dhj" wrote i

: >

: > Oh, and.... I personally prefer the SN95 body style. Sleek, sexy... oh : > yea. : >

: Noooooooooo!....rear overhang too short........ :

Nun huh! That's the best part! Big front, little rear. :

Reply to
SVTKate

SO, if you had to, which is your favorite?

Reply to
SVTKate

just like some women i know...:) really big front Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

64 coupe/conv 65 fastback/conv 67&68 coupe/conv 69 70 sportsroof/conv 71/72/73 sportsroof/conv........can't choose.....all of them......
Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

: >

: : 64 coupe/conv 65 fastback/conv 67&68 coupe/conv 69 70 sportsroof/conv : 71/72/73 sportsroof/conv........can't choose.....all of them......

I guess they are all ok, if you are into old iron.

I never even noticed a Mustang till the 95.

Kate

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

I think you would dig my '85 Gt. T-Tops, white, grey interior (red piping),

5 speed, etc. Still in good condition. Stock appearance, but a bunch of suspension upgrades. Fun car!

Reply to
Gerald Peterson