Replacement Interior

It's finally started... Frankenstang.

I'm in the process of assembling an 84 LX w/ a 351W...

My big issue at the moment is an interior... The donor car had previously been stripped for use as a stock-car. So, I have nothing except the dash.... Bucket seats take on a whole new meaning, when it really is a 5 gallon pail you're sitting on to drive the car around the lot.

Does anyone know of any companies that sell interior kits? I'm looking for the whole works...

Plan B is to goto a wrecker, and try and find a car with a decent interior to transplant, but 20 y/o interiors worth re-using seem to be pretty rare. That's how I ended up with the stripped car in the first place - only one I could find that had solid floors and skins...

Thanks for the help!

Heath

Reply to
Heath Doane

cprice

I remember an old Car & Driver article where they changed the color of the interior of one of their test vehicles, their conclusion was to avoid this exercise if at all possible, so it seems you might have to get creative. You can go to ebay for front and rear seats, JC Whitney for carpets, the side panels are little more than upholstered fiber board which you could have done at any upholstery shop. As for the plastic pieces you probably will have to mix and match from the junk yard until you have all the small parts then paint to match with vinyl dye.

Reply to
ironrod

You might ping Musttanguy (yup, 2 t's) or check with

You might get lucky.

Kate

| > I'm in the process of assembling an 84 LX w/ a 351W... | >

| > My big issue at the moment is an interior... The donor car had previously | > been stripped for use as a stock-car. So, I have nothing except the | > dash.... Bucket seats take on a whole new meaning, when it really is a

5 | > gallon pail you're sitting on to drive the car around the lot. | >

| > Does anyone know of any companies that sell interior kits? I'm looking | for | > the whole works... | >

| > Plan B is to goto a wrecker, and try and find a car with a decent interior | > to transplant, but 20 y/o interiors worth re-using seem to be pretty rare. | > That's how I ended up with the stripped car in the first place - only one | I | > could find that had solid floors and skins... | >

| > Thanks for the help! | >

| > Heath | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

A parts car is the way to go. Most parts will interchange between the years right up to '93. The interior panels/dash changed considerably in '87 up but they still bolt on for the most part with some minor mods or none at all. If you get a donour car you can make sure you have all the brackets and little parts that would drive you to distraction looking for them by themselves. As for seats look for something later model in the yards to get them in better shape. Back seats in most stangs never get used so as long as it isn't faded the donour cars should do. Stu

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Quick looks shows you right on both counts... They've got it, and I've gotta pay thru the nose... Good thing there's a few months before I need to start the interior - I'm going to have to save my pennies...

Reply to
Heath Doane