cassette conversion to CD or mp3-port? '88 300ZX

My ZX has the upgrade ultra-sound type of system, with the rather proprietary and odd-shaped front-panel cover, and steering-wheel controls etc. The cassette tape-deck died years ago. It'll still run one of those cassette-to-output plug devices, but I'd rather install either a permanent mp3 input-jack and cover-panel where the cassette-player is located, or figure out how to go to a CD player if possible. Sure, I can put an under-dash cd player in, or one that goes into the arm-rest well but I'd rather not waste that preciously-small space.

thanks for any ideas! Rob

Reply to
therica7