Replace clogged injectors?

My '93 300TT suddenly seemed to me like it wasn't firing all cylinders back in 2/04: Engine felt rough and weak, with change in exhaust note and coarse vibration. I never experienced this before and wondered if I had bad gas, but after a few weeks a fresh tank from a different vendor didn't help.

My local mechanic took a week to diagnose and replace a clogged fuel injector. $1000.

The car ran well but only a few weeks later the same symptoms returned. My mechanic has found the same problem and is in middle of replacing yet another injector. I am seriously dreading yet another huge fee.

When do these things need to be replaced, or should my mech have advised me to run some solvent in my fuel? WTF?

THanks, Pham

Reply to
Pham