Latest threads in Nissan Altimashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

weather stripping
Hi all, I get a fair amount of wind noise now on my 2001 altima. I think it is the weather stripping (the rubber stuff around the doors/windows). Is this an easy job to replace? Where to I buy it? Or...

1995 altima odometer driving practices locks
I read a previous post that mentioned the speedometer working but not the odometer. Is anyone interested in giving step by step directions for replacing the necessary part for getting the odometer...

1995 altima
Another question: I have a 1995 Altima GXE 5 speed and I am wondering the best way to drive it for the highest city mpg I can get. What rpm should I shift at? How low should the rpm's be for good...
1
1

Interstate battery
I need to replace the battery in my car and am looking at different brands. Is Interstate good...haven't really heard of it. What brand is most reliable? Thanks.

1998 Nissan Altima Damaged Idler Pulley?
My friend's '98 altima broke down last night. When I first looked at it, and from the symptoms he described (screeching noise, especially when turning or going slow, then a loud noise and the charge...
1
1

Nissan Altima 99, Needs Oil Valve Gasket Replaced
Hi. My car is leaking oil out of the Oil Valve cover and needs a new gasket. Is this something that can be easily done or would it need a torque wrench to complete the job? I have been quoted a price...

Altima98 GXE - Cold engine problem
Hi, I have weird problem with my Altima98 GXE (automatic transmission) and wonder if someone has experienced something similar or can point what to look at. The problem appears only in winter when the...

Altima 99 Leak
Hi I have an Altima 99 GXE and it has an oil leak. I went to the dealer and he said that it was the cylinder head gasket and the timing belt head gasket. He charged me 1862.70 to fix the car. I don't...
4
4

Air Filter
I have a 2003 Altima 2.5 SL and once the air filter was dirty I replaced it with a filter purchased from an auto supplier....NOT the more expensive Nissan dealership filter. Should I be sticking with...
1
1

Nissan Altima Power steeering Pump Noise
I have 2000 Nissan Altima and power steering pump was very noisy specially when cold ,power steering fluid was clean (no any dirt or metal particals )I have replaced power steering pump for rebuilt...
1
1

Altima 98 suspension noise
I have a weird noise when driving on bumps or deep holes. It sometimes happens when I push the gas pedal at low speed and the rear of the car goes down a little. It is weird because it disappeareed...

Drip Drip... gas leak (need to identify hose)
Hello, I have 95 GXE Nissan Altima (2.4 manual transmission). It is at 151k miles right now. It drives pretty good. It gives pretty good mileage too (or it used to anyway :)) 28-32mgp...

96 altima problem
I am trying to diagnose a problem with a 96 altima with a dual overhead cam engine. the car ran fine till it was parked for 9 months. now that is being put back in use. when cold, it starts, idles,...
4
4

2006 Altima SE
To any 2006 Altima SE owners ... I got mine back in Nov. '05. Very nice looking car and fun to drive. However, I am a bit disappointed with the automatic transmission. Seems to abruptely down-shift,...
2
2

Steering gear boots torn - replace or live with it?
'96 Altima GXE, 100k miles, auto While replacing the sway bar bushings I noticed that both steering gear boots are ripped quite badly. I don't know how long it's been like this, since my mother-in-law...
2
2