Latest threads in Nissan Altimashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Altima
Does this car have a timing chain or a timing belt?
1
1

changing horn in 2000 GXE
I find the horn in my newly-acquired Altima very weak. I want to swap in a stronge, louder horn. Anyone have any technical advice?

drive belt replacement
The manual tensioners for the drive belts on my 2002 Altima V6 are impossible to view because of the congested engine compartment design. I'm sure that there is a lock-nut for the adjusting screw but...

Timing chain (Altima 1997 GXE).
Hi, +I intend to buy a 1997 Nissan Altima, GXE 119,000 miles for 3000 USD. This car looks good but when I brought it to an automechanic, he told me that there is a noise in timing chain. He just took...
1
1

1998 Altima Electric Problems After Jump Start
Hi, I left the lights on in the hospital parking lot. The young security fellow hooked up his jump start battery backwards. Blew the main 100 amp fuse and has caused other gremlins. Service engine...
2
2

First time Nissan buyer
Looking to buy a 2003/2004 Altima and/or Maxima. They seem similar in many ways-look, space, etc. Pros/Cons & comments from owners would be greatly appreciated.
2
2

2002+ Nissan Altima Headlight Bulb Replacement Guide With Pictures
I recently replaced the low beam head light bulb on my 2002 Nissan Altima and I couldn't find a good picture illustrated guide online to help me. So I took pictures and created one. it will save you...
4
4

Help me to buy a NISSAN ALTIMA 1997
Hi there, I intend to buy a 1997 Nissan Altima GXE, 119,000 miles for 3000 USD. I don't have any experience with cars. Is there anyone out there using this type: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE? plz give me...

2003 Altima -- COLD AIR INTAKE
I just installed an AEM Cold Air Intake ( on my 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 automatic. The sound is amazing (deep and throaty) and the RPMs bury when you hit the gas. Quiet in the city within low RPMs and...
2
2

buying catalytic converter 1995 Altima w/O2 sensor
I'm trying to find a source for a catalytic converter for my 1995 altima GXE (not California). The online catalytic converter parts houses don't show one with the O2 sensor. Before I got the car it...

ignition locked on 2003
ignition wont unloc -- woothut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: from http://www.carstalk.ne
6
6

Poor fuel milleage in '99 Altima
Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a '99 Altima with 140k kms on the dial. I was shocked to find out that the fuel gauge showed that we had driven not even 100km and it was already down to 1/4 a...
13
13

1996 Nissan Altima rattling when I press gas pedal to accelerate
Hi. I have a problem when I accelerate. The car is vibrating like crazy so I figure I need a wheel alignment. My problem is when I push on the gas pedal to accelerate the car makes a rattling noise...
2
2

Nissan Altima 1997
I have a nissan altima 1997. Often its RPM goes high to 3-4*1000 against the normal of 2.5-3*1000. can anyone tell me the problen and how to fix it. Thanks
2
2

Need to replace the radio/CD player in 2000 Altima
The CD player will not play CDs - it just gives a error and ejects the CD. I plan on buying a replacement stereo from local Nissan service dept. Can anyone tell me how to get the console off/take it...
2
2