odometer off

Altima manufacture date 10/94. Some years back transmission went bad for previous owner possibly excessive idling on a steep driveway and not maintaining fluid level. Transmission was replaced or repaired. The odometer presently reads 9.7 miles after traveling 10.0 miles. This car has 15 inch wheels. I understand later models have 16 inch wheels. A later model transmission if put in this car would register more miles than actually traveled not less. Another symptom is the car is pulling hard at stop such that I often put the car in neutral. Automatic transmissions are less efficient than standard so this might mean better fuel economy underway given the tightness but it's disconcerting. Anyone seen this before and how expensive is it to fix. Thanks.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Correction, trip odometer reads 9.3 miles per 10.0 driven miles.

Reply to
Bill