Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Horn doesn't work after steering column replaced
Hello ~ I had the unfortunate experience of having someone attempt to steal my 97 Maxima some time ago. With the amount of money I've put into repairs recently and at just shy of 200K, in some...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi... I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima. It has 147,000 miles on it. Since october i have had issues with my car dying. My RPMS range between 500-600rpm very low. When i come to a stop my car will die. It...
17
17

87 Maxima MAF sensor
the MAF sensor on my 87 max is bad. anyone know where to get a salvage one, or where i can get one cheap? Is there a way to bypass the MAF to make the car run without it for a short while? I need the...
7
7

Re: 03 Max a gas guzzler?
I just picked up a 03 Max GLE with 47000Km and and it seems to be the same situation with me as well. But i have a question. Do i really have to use Gold gas? or can i use silver or bronze? What...
6
6

93 Maxima: Touchpad Entry System
Recently purchased a 93 Maxima equipped with Touchpad Entry System. Unfortunately, I do not know the 7 digit "fixed" code (factory programmed). Without it, system is unusable. Nissan dealership said...
1
1

Not sure about cd changer
I just bought a 98 Nissan Maxima and I see the button that says CD CHG but I'm not sure how to load multiple CDs. I'll have one in and the disc light will be on and any other attempt I've made to...
2
2

License plate fastener
I seem to have stumped a couple of Nissan parts department personnel.. maybe one of you know what I'm talking about. 2001 Maxima GLE.. rear license plate fasteners. When removing the plates from the...
3
3

96 GXE V6 Oil Leak
Anyone here know which gaskets are needed to R&R valve covers besides V. covers and plenum?
3
3

need double check of OBD-II number P0158
Hello, I have a 99 and ODBII number of P0158. A quick web search shows 02 Sensor High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 2) Another quick web search shows Bank 2 = Front and Sensor 2 = downstream after converter....
4
4

Buttons missing on 98 Maxima
I am about to get a 98 Nissan Maxima, but I noticed that the two up and down seek buttons are missing. I was wondering if there was a place that I can buy simply those two buttons. I looked some...
2
2

'00 Max Pinging, no problem codes
FYI, I have had persistent ignition pinging problems with my '00 Maxima for some time, and didn't have any codes recorded in the ECU. I finally took it in, and the mechanic said that for most Nissan...
10
10

1997 Maxima: iPod Direct to Radio?
I have an ipod and have been using the commonly used tape adapater and would like to install a direct digital connection for my iPod into my Maxima's stereo (similiar to how I use my iPod w/ my home...
6
6

Tech Help - 02 CD player
Hi guys, i'm brand new here. Just bought a 02 SE. The single stock CD player doesn't work so i wanted to buy a replacement. What i was wondering was if i could replace it withe the 6 CD in dash model...
1
1

96 Maxima O2 problems
Both of the upstream O2 sensors are setting error codes (unable to obtain closed loop). I monitored the output of each one and they appear to be functioning properly. Anyone else ever have this...
2
2

Engine squeal
I have a 96 Maxima with 230000 kms and recently, the engine makes this ear piercing squeal when I start it. It seems to happen only when the engine is cold and also seems to come from the front of the...
2
2