Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

00 tire question - BF Goodrich
Time for new tires on my 2000 Nissan Maxima SE.... Anyone running BF Goodrich Touring TA Pro - 215 55 R16 - tires care to comment on how they like the tire, ride, handling, rain, snow, etc?
11
11

'98 V6 - IACV/AAC
I have a P0505 Code. What's the best stratagy to trouble shoot? 97K miles, is oil build up in throttle body a cause? O2 sensors haven't been replace since I bought the car at 70K miles, can they cause...
2
2

Re: 1997 Nissan Maxima odometer froze up
Possibilities: - bigger hammer - forgetit - take odo out, open & lube the rolls - go junkyard, find 'new' odo, seek references for a good repair shop for swap - $tealership price: possibly 2x your car...
1
1

1993 Nissan Maxima ASCD - Cruise Control Problem
Hi - I have a 1993 Nissan Maxima. The cruise control stopped working. I have since replaced the dash switch, but the problem was not corrected. The light on the switch turns on. The light on the dash...
1
1

1997 Nissan Maxima odometer froze up
hello all, went on a trip and as the odometer rolled over to 118K the trip odometer and the odometer froze up. when i bought this car the odometer was frozen and the guy who sold it to me said to hit...

Power Window Timing
When I use the auto-up feature on my passenger side window, the window goes all the way up and then goes down about four inches and stops. This happened to my driver-side window last year, and the...

'95 6 cyl. intermittent stalling hard restart
So far, no connection with hot/cold or 'rainy' conditions. happens mostly on surface streets. Sometimes stalls, sometimes will not restart without pressing accel. pedal. Fuel filter rplaced (very...
1
1

Differentiating S3 and S4
Hey folks, I am in Australia and own a 98 Maxima 30G, but I'm not sure if it's a S3 or a S4. How can I tell? Thanks.

1995 engine simply quit
Engine had overheated slightly, but was back in normal zone after adding water. Drove on highway at 70 mph for maybe 10 minutes, stopped large intersection, then made left turn at relatively high...
1
1

Vapor lock? '90 Maxima
Is this what vapor lock is like? What is the remedy when it happends? Should I have done something else? Hot day in Portland - first of the season. Drove '90 Maxima about 50 miles, freeway. Parked in...
10
10

high idle on 93 maxima dohc
My 93 maxima(automatic trans) idles in the 2000 rpm range when I put it in park or neutral, resulting in a hard shift into first or reverse. When it is in gear it idles fine. It has 155K miles on it...
1
1

Synthetic Oil and Synthetic Gear Oil Recommendations
Hi, I have an '02 Maxima SE that recently had a new engine put in to replace a bearing problem in the original (thank goodness for extended warranties!). I have about 78K miles on the car and would...
3
3

93 GXE won't start when it's raining
Hi, 93 GXE, auto, 175k. The car was garaged for years but due DIY construction now sits outdoors. After a shower of rain, nothing heavy, it fails to start. Engine spins but will not fire. Once the...
2
2

04 maxima display panel smudge looks like on other side
any thoughts on cleaning the computer like screen on the 04 maxima looks like greasy fingerprints that wont clean with glass cleaner
2
2

Need Tech Help with Stalling
My 2001 Maxima gle is contantly stalling at idle both in park and drive. This only occurs when engine is warmed up. Although I had a check engie light come on 2 months ago the light never came back on...
7
7