Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mileage
what is your present milage on 97/98/99 Maximas?
11
11

2000 maxima transmission problem
I have a 2000 maxima that is having a problem. The car runs and drives great as long as you dont kick in the passing gear. The engine revs up but no additional speed. Anyone experience this or have...
8
8

SPRINGS
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I CAN RUN AFTERMARKET SPRINGS ON STOCK STRUTS?
2
2

95 Maxima GLE Alarm Problem
I have a 95 Maxima GLE with factory alarm. The alarm repeatedly sets itself off, resets itself for no apparent reason. The horn honks and lights flash. I've pulled the fuse to stop it. Is there any...
2
2

key stuck in ignition for nissan max
Hello, My key is stuck in the ignition. The first problem I was having was the key would not turn over. So then I had a lock smith guy come out and fix the ignition. He got it to turn over but when I...
5
5

Brake parts needed - 95 Maxima
In an effort to save some trips to the parts store, I returned the rear brake calipers to the store when my new ones came in. Unfortunately, I failed to notice that the new ones do not come with the...
1
1

Satellite radio install?
I have searched the internet looking for 'how to' information on installing sirius radio into my 2004 maxima. I signed up at but it's been two weeks and they still won't let me post anything. You...
1
1

93 Maxima SE Problem
Hi. I wonder if anyone can give some advice. A friend just got his Maxima out of the garage where it had been for about 5 years. He had fluids/filters changed, belts checked and so on. The car ran...
11
11

Bad engine mount in 05 Maxima?
My 05 Maxima SE (25,000 miles) , when hot, sometimes sounds like a rough diesel at idle and row RPMs. A dealership mechanic finally heard the sound (I happened to be near the dealership when the...
2
2

HELP!!
I just bought a 1998 nissan maxima about two months ago from a dealer ship and since then i have sent it in for service and repairs over 6 times for problems that should have been fixed before the car...
3
3

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.4, dated April 1, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

Help--What tires for 98 SE--215/55r16??
I just got a '98 SE that came with Gislaved NordFrost tires on it. What is the best bang for buck for good hot weather highway tires? I live in hot climate (New Mexico) and do LOTS of highway driving...
3
3

1999 GLE Front Strut Replacement
I'm getting the urge to replace the original front struts on my 99 GLE with 82,700 miles. I just replaced some terrible Yokohama Avid V4 tires with Goodyear Assurance ComforTred tires. I tolerated the...
11
11

ABC TV - Dumb SOB's - Steal My HID's
Everytime some dumbass (this time ABC TV) airs a story on Xenon headlights and the theft of (from Maximas), I get paranoid. I don't know if any of you saw that story on Good Morning America but they...
2
2

Dirty Headlamps
The inside surface of my 2K Max headlight units are gradually being covered with a dirty film...is there any solution to this other than replacing the entire headlamp unit?
3
3