Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

94 Maxima - Intermittent Misfire on start & Other
This car has been a dream with no major issues (knock on wood!) I'll hate to give it up someday. 1. New issue for me. Car will idle very rough at start and check engine light will come on. No code...
5
5

Re: EVAP CANISTER VENT CONTROL VALVE
How do you do this bypass
5
5

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE lights dim alternator,battery are new
Hi I changed my alternator after my brake light and battery light came on. So I leave the garage and soon after the car lights seem to be a little dimmer. When I have the car in idle and try to close...
2
2

1998 Maxima Brakes squeeling
Well I still havent got the brakes fixed on this 1998 maxima. When the car is going in reverse and you step on the brakes, the rear wheel sounds like a tuning fork. After further investigation I found...
3
3

2004 Maxima Speed sensor
My husband owns a 2004 Maxima SL....had tires replaced under TSB late last summer. In December the speed sensor broke and his car was held hostage at the dealer for over 7 weeks as they could not...

2000 Maxima Problem
This morning when I started my car I noticed the SERVICE ENGINE SOON, SLIP and TCS OFF lights staying on. I was wondering if this could mean I need major work done on the car and if i should try to...
5
5

transmition
I would like to change out my auto transmition oil is there a plug in trany to drain or do I need to pull the pan. Any pointers on this job out there . thank Michael
3
3

'02 Spoiler Brake Light Dead
The spoiler brake light in my '02 SE suddenly went out. I checked the fuse and it is good. Can I replace bulbs, or is this a single assembly? If it's an assembly, I'm guessing its an expensive dealer...

91 Maxima - Intermittent Misfire
My 91 Maxima GXE has developed an intermittent misfire within the last few months. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The misfire seems to be linked to engine temperature. If the car is cold, it...
4
4

87 MAXIMA - motor driven radio antenna
The motor driven antenna no longer moves up or down, but is stalled with about 1inch chrome rod showing. Local NISSAN Dealer charges $192 labor, plus $250 materials to replace the unit. two hours...
1
1

GURGLING AND BUBBLING IN COOLANT OVERFLOW TANK
I have a '91 Maxima. The temperature gauge indicates a normal operating temperature while the car is running. The car was idling for 3-5 minutes after being driven 15-20 miles. When I shut off the...
4
4

2002 radio modification
I'd like to modify my 2002 Max radio so I can add an audio input jack for my iPod. Does anyone have access to the radio schematic? Mine is the one with built-in 6-cd changer. Thanks. PS: I have done...
4
4

87 MAXIMA-Sunroof leak
What can be done to prevent leaking water from sunroof to make passenger seat wet? I think I cleared the front two drainholes. I am not able to reach the rear two drain holes to clear them. Only can...
2
2

87 MAXIMA- oil pressure
Oil pressure on my 87 MAXIMA varies from 5 psi at idle to 60-70 psi at driving speed. Just need an estimate of expected oil pressure variations, idle pressure and pressure while driving, for a normal...
5
5

brake pads
I am going to purchase drilled and slotted race rotors for my car. I did some research and found a lot of different materials which brake pads are made from, Compound, Ceramic, and Composite. I wanted...