Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 maxima cruise control problem
I have a 95 Maxima & I am having a problem with the cruise control, I have replaced the actuator vacuum servo cable, vacuum servo motor, the cruise control module, & checked all the fuses, relays &...

95 Maxima Belt Idler or tensioner
Hi, My 95 Maxima started making a noise yesterday. The water pump and belt were replaced about 6 months ago. I'm sure the noise is coming from the belt that drives the alternator and air cond....
2
2

Strange noise after turning engine off (mainly)
Hi. I'm sure this isn't a fault, I just can't figure out what the hell it is. It's really bugging me. I have a 2001 Maxima, auto. And when I turn the engine off, there are 4 or 5 sounds in a row that...
3
3

Changing rear struts
1993 Maxima, any tips on changing the rear struts, did the fronts and there like any other car; quite easy. The rear look like a pain in the butt. Never done them, any help, steps or advise would be...
2
2

Maxima 2000: diagnostic codes P1320 and P1211, ignition coil failure
On a cold Qu?bec morning, my sister started her Maxima 2000. The engine ran roughly for a few minutes, and then, ran smoothly from that point on. The ®Service Engine Soon¯ light came on. She drove...
2
2

94 Maxima
Hi all. I have having some problems with my car and I have searched countless threads here and learned very much. Great little area. Here is my problem. I have a 1994 Maxima, Automatic. About one...
6
6

HID bulbs for 02' Maxima
Is there a difference between all the D2R 35w bulbs? The stock bulb that came with my Maxima is a D2R 35w 85126. I know what the first two numbers are and I can find many of them out there that are...
1
1

1998 Nissan Maxima MAP Sensor P0105
I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima that is reading P0105 on the diagnostic test performed by Auto Zone. It also reads that the Knock Sensor is out. Could one sensor caus the other to read a malfunction. The...
3
3

Best Used OEM Wheel Dealer?
Anyone had any good experiences with any company on finding an OEM used wheel for their Maxima? Who did you buy from?

Installing gauges
Hi friends, I have a Maxima 1999 and I'd like to install some gauges on my car - There are so many gauges available in the market - like or even at . Some of the gauges that seem interesting are the...
4
4

Rear Wheel Hub Bearing?
I have diagnosed a failed rear wheel hub bearing by hearing a noise that increase with frequency as the car speeds up (97 Maxima SE, 118K Miles). The tire was swapped to insure it wasn't associated...
1
1

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE is it worth saving?
Not mechanically inclined - I have a bunch of problems with my 95 Maxima GXE and wondering if its worth paying to repair. Automatic Transmisison needs rebuild, 2 Axles need replacement, rear struts...
4
4

1997 Maxima hard starting!
When engine is cold it starts then turn off after 2 seconds, repeatedly. Only way is if gas paddle is pressed down about one inch and start then release gas paddle after about three seconds which is...
3
3

Headlight Relay Problem
I am trying to diagnose a problem with my headlights. I'm in Canada so I have Daytime Running Lights (DRL) on my Max. The problem is that the DRLs light up okay (they use a lower light setting on the...
6
6

1991 Maxima VG30E Removal.
I recently bought a used engine and plan to do a swap myself in the near future. I read my chilton's front to cover and was wondering if there was anyone out there who had experience with this car. If...
3
3