Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'99 Won't Start After Coolant Replacement
Changed the antifrieeze by draining the radiator and disconnecting the main coolant hose. Left the lights on and drained the battery (d'oh!!!). Recharged the battery and drove it around the block to...
1
1

Stereo and Speaker suggestions needed
I'm looking for some stereo and speaker recommendations for my '03 Maxima SE. One of the front speakers produces strange sounds at certain frequencies, and the radio just died. I'd like to replace the...
2
2

93 Maxima, automatic, no reverse
Current will not engage Reverse gear. Any recommendations on what might be the cause of this problem? Please elaborate on any self repair info you can offer.
1
1

clutch problem -- 2005 maxima
Help! I've got a 2005 Maxima with about 12K miles. A couple months ago this fine piece of automotive engineering stranded me: the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and became nonfunctional. I had it...
4
4

Noisy Power Steering Pump on 87 Max
I have a noisy power steering pump on an 87 Max with 63 K miles. The power steering was professionally serviced by replacing the leaking supply hose and bleeding the system about 1yr ago. It has...
3
3

Problems with upgraded coils and shocks!?
I have an '02 Maxima SE and purchased Vogtland lowering springs and Tokico HP shocks for my car from Afterhaving them installed and having the appropriate computerized 4-wheelalignment, I'm still...
9
9

V6 Maxima engine not starting
I have a 94 maxima manual (V6) , the engine will not fire when cranking from the starter. When I gave it a push and jumped the clutch, the engine fired and ran normally. When I switched off, same...
3
3

2000 Nissan maxima - Overcharge ball Joint?
My 2000 Maxima's steering wheel shakes when I drive at speeds over 60MPH. A local mechanic says it is the ball joint , and it will cost $241 to repair. Is this overpriced?
2
2

help! 90 maxima will crank, kinda start, then die....fuel pump?
i just got a tune up (sans set of wires) car was running a bit rough, as if it were missing. fuel injectors all tested fine. one day after tune up,it would die immediately after starting, took a few...
10
10

GLE 2002 EVAP problem
Hello, All! I am getting DTC P1456 As i understan it stands for "small leak" in EVAP. Any idea how to fix it? How hard it is to find where the problem is? Thanks G
1
1

Transmission hunting
I've got a 96 GXE. It's my wife's car, so I only drive it occasionally. Recently I noticed that, at freeway speeds, the transmission would kick down a gear when going up just a slight grade, then drop...
2
2

99 SE climate control problem
Hey, Automatic climate control only provides heat when set to 85degrees. So much for automatic! Dealer said entire unit would need to be replaced! Is there a sensor or a workaround! Expensive fix. I...
4
4

RE:1993 NISSAN MAXIMA
MY MAXIMA WILL NOT IDLE RIGHT,IT WILL NOT GET ABOVE 2000 RPM...I HAVE CHANGED THE AIR FILTER,PLUGS,WIRES,TPS,,,,WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? COULD IT BE THE FUEL PUMP..OR WHAT>>? WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS, IT...
3
3

Weird Stereo Problem. Also, Rough Idle/Gas smell problem.
Hello All, My 94 Maxima GXE Bose stereo is broken. When the car is turned on, the light for the CD player in the stereo lights up when a cd is inserted, and the radio will both accept and eject cds...
5
5

Disable Security
I've been having tons of probems with the security of my 1991 Nissan Maxima. Sometimes the door alarm key doesnt work so I have to open the door with the key. When this happens 75% of the time I'm not...