Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Maxima - A cautionary tale from Australia
First, love the maxima, great car. Second, Nissan Australia, has a way to go on customer credibility. I recently bought a 2001 Maxima with 130km (80,000m) on it, at auction, for about half the dealer...
6
6

Yikes! Change That Fluid.
I was lookin' thru my records for my 95Max - and it seems - that I have never had the transmission fluid replaced in all those years. So, I started to read up on the topic and saw many allusions to a...
6
6

Re: How to extend the life of my 93 GXE
... rather than a flush. .. - The commonly used A/T term 'flush' isnt accurate; there is no such thing - just normal flow. - 'Drain' means that 3/4 of the supposed oil is still 'degraded tar'......

2001 Maxima Brake Rotor Removal
How hard is it to remove and replace front brake rotors on an '01 Maxima. I removed the caliper several months ago to check the pads but did not look to see how to remove the rotor. Now the rotors...
9
9

ADVICE ON FRONTIER OT??? HELP! :)))
I would like to know how good or bad this truck is, It's a Nissan Frontier XE I believe, the plain jane flat bed, no thrills two door, Year 2000, 180,00 MILES, (YES, 180,000) AC, 4 cylinder,...
3
3

Water pump on 1995 4th GEN when to replace replace? 120,000 miles
at what time do you think it would be appropriate to replace my 1995 water pump, have I been lucky so fare, or am I worrying for nothing? if you have a 4th gen, at how many miles did yours go, or when...
9
9

Removing Crankshaft Pulley ('93 max gxe)
Trying to change timing belt on my 93 Maxima, trying to get the crankshaft pulley off. Before I go wrenching on the center bolt, is this a reverse-thread or normal bolt? If memory serves, and if I'm...
7
7

Cost to replace Outer CV Boots (Both)
On my recent oil change, they noticed that both the outer CV boots on my 99 Maxima GXE (72K miles) have torn and need to be replaced. My dealer gave me an estimate of $460 to replace both of them. I'm...
3
3

Brakes ...
I have '92 Nissan Maxima SE. The car has started "groaning" literally when I slow down (in the last couple of seconds before it comes to a halt). I am not sure how to describe the sound :) Sorry. On a...
1
1

Programming 2003 Nissan Maxima keyless remote (FOB)
Anyone have instructions for programming a keyless remote FOB for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.. Thanks
2
2

93 Maxima hood supports
Hi, Where's the best place to buy hood supports, the gas struts, about 12" long, which hold up the hood when open. The ones I have no longer support the hood. Al Moodie
4
4

99 GLE body work
Hi, I have a 99 Maxima GLE with 34K. The car is very important to me because of a few things but it has minor body problems here and there. Some things include: -front bumper cover broken -rear bumper...
2
2

Brakes Squeel/Humm in Reverse on 98 Maxima
I had a friend install some new brakes on the rear of a 1998 Maxima. Ever since, when you back up the brakes humm like a loud tuning fork. Best I can tell from internet is this is probably the parking...
7
7

Stereo in Australian Maxima
Hi All, I have a 98 Maxima. I have a question about the factory stereo system. I'm not sure if it is the Bose that is mentioned in this group a lot (it doesn't say Bose anywhere, the car is an...
3
3

4th Gen Maxima Bose Amplifier Repair
Just some notes after fixing the Bose amplifiers in my 97 SE. Over the last year or so, the front speakers just quit producing sound. In case you're experiencing these symptoms, you might try...
2
2