Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering Rack Sliding Force
My 97SE 5spd has had a steadily declining road feel over the last 40k (at 119k now) - the wheel moves and/or the car changes direction with zero resistance at all. Tires, alignments, rack components,...

96 - What does a water pump going bad sound like?
I have a 96 5-spd Max with 85K mi. I hear a type of "clatter" I guess is how it's best described, when I let the engine rev down in gear that I don't hear when accelerating or cruising. It's there but...
7
7

2000SE: Code P0155? Not in manual
Hi All, I have a 2000 SE that is showing the SES light. Took it to Autozone to get the ODBII scanner output. The code read out as P0155. The scanner indicated that this is for one of the heated O2...
4
4

setting 1990 security codes
I just purchased a used 1990 Maxima, and it doesn't have an owners manual. How do I program the door key pad, and how do you operate it?
2
2

Maximum Number of Keys and Key Fobs
Hello, I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited, and I would like to know the maximum number of both keys and key fobs that can be programmed into the car's security system. Thanks, Richard
2
2

1994 maxima VS 1995 maxima
Other than body style is there much difference in the 94 and 95 maxima? Reliability?motor? etc thanks
9
9

Replacing waterpump on 93 Maxima GXE
Hi, I have about 95000 miles on a 1993 Nissan Maxima, timing belt was replaced at 61000 miles. The water pump has started to leak, local dealer quoted me a price of $495 to fix (just for pump and...
4
4

Air flow Sensor Nissan Maxima 1992
My Nissan Maxima 1992 was diagnosed with an Air flow sensor problem. So I inquired at the dealer for a replacement,but the cost was too expensive. As a result, I bought a refurbished air flow sensor...
1
1

Battery Light and Brake Light Flickering Intermittently
Folks, I've got a 96 Maxima with almost 90K miles on it. It's in great shape, by and large, but I've had a little problem lately I can't figure out. Occasionally, particularly at lower speeds (in slow...
5
5

Nissan maxima 91 , studs and manifold
Hi all, I am in a quite nice situation. To make the story short, a friend of mine just got a maxima 91, at a very good price (his brother is a car rep). He is just going to keep it until December: he...
5
5

96 Maxima Speedometer "sometimes" stays at zero
Hello all, My 96 Maxima speedometer does not work "sometimes", especially when the car is "cold". I have done some homework and browsed several postings regarding speedometer not working. Most of the...
1
1

check engine - knock sensor
Group: I have a check engine light. Went to AutoZone and they told me it was the knock sensor. Have any of the group had this problem? I want to change it but have not found it in the Haynes book. Can...
2
2

Fuel delivery problem - but which one?
I posted this over at but can't seem to find the problem. I have a 2000 Maxima SE, 5sp federal emmisions with 54k miles. Bought it at 37k. Here is the issue: Basic issue is: car idles fine. When I'm...
1
1

95 maxima timing belt or chain??
Does the 95 have a belt or chain??
3
3

Service Engine Light - Comes on soon after each gas fill-up
Just started to have an annoying problem with my 2000 maxima (30,000 miles). I fill the car with gas, drive about 15 miles, and the service engine light comes on and stays on. I reset it by...
11
11

maxima 95 knock sensor and EGR Control (EGRC)-Solenoid Valve
A couple of days ago my engine started overheating. For about 1/2 a minute the needle was up in hte Hot region on my dashboard. I added some antifreeze and all was good. The next day, my check engine...
9
9

2008 Maxima speed vs. RPM
My 2008 3.5 SE Maxima turns 2,125 RPM when traveling at 60 MPH in 6th gear (drive). This is a lot more RPM than our other vehicles turn at the same speed and two of them are 4WD pickups which one...
5
5

95 maxima won't start, dash lights flicker rapidly
Hi, My wife was parked doing errands today and when she went to start her 1995 Maxima there was a problem. I came down to check it out and see that when the key is turned there is a brief pause and a...
11
11

Maxima 1995: OCCASIONNALLY hiccups, OCCASIONNALLY stops while idling
This is an intermittent problem about which I posted a message on September 3rd. The car starts easily at any temperature, even on a very cold Qu?bec winter. It runs smoothly, well almost always......
1
1

ABS,TCS, and Slip lights ON!
Upon starting my 2001 Maxima GLE today the abs,tcs and slip indicator lights did not shut off. Car seems to run fine at all speeds. The only recent maintenance was replaced MAF about 4 months ago. Any...
2
2