Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MAP/BARO Switch
I've got a 96 GXE. I'm getting a 1302 code from the ECU, which is MAP/BARO SW Solenoid valve. I've figured out what it looks like (just like the EGRC solenoid which I just replaced), but there are two...

1991 Maxima VG30E Removal.
I recently bought a used engine and plan to do a swap myself in the near future. I read my chilton's front to cover and was wondering if there was anyone out there who had experience with this car. If...
3
3

93 Maxima, automatic, no reverse
Current will not engage Reverse gear. Any recommendations on what might be the cause of this problem? Please elaborate on any self repair info you can offer.
1
1

91 Maxima - Interior Lights Dim
Just purchased my first car, 1991 Nissan Maxima, and noticed that the interior lights are very dim - can they be brightened? Is this just a matter of replacing the bulbs? If so, what bulbs should I...
4
4

92 maxima rough idle
hopefully someone can offer some assistance I have a 92 maxima GXE (sohc) that seems to have a problem with only 1 of the cylinders firing. I have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, AND just...
1
1

ABS Relay
Hi, 1993 Maxima GXE 156k miles The ABS motor relay has failed (stuck closed). I have the relay out and have phoned several Nissan dealers but none are able to positively identify the part from the...
2
2

1991 Maxima No Spark
My daughter's Maxima all of the sudden would not start one morning. Engine would turn over, but not ignite. I first started troubleshooting the spark, knowing the gas would be prevented from flowing...
4
4

02 SE Bose In dash CD Error
My cd player stopped working today. It will eject/insert cd's, the radio will play, but cd's won't - the display just says CD ERR F3. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? Also,...

NGK spark pluigs: platinum or copper?
On my ' 98 Max, ( auto tranny) I can`t decide on spending 18.00 $ on a single OEm NGK PFR5G-11 platinum spark plug, as opposed to the reguler copper NGK BKR5E-11 at 3.00 $ a piece ( canadian prices)....
8
8

Maxima 1995: OBD II P1355 code (Nissan DTC 47: Crankshaft Position Sensor Reference)
It starts easily at any temperature, even on a very cold Qu?bec winter. It runs smoothly, almost always... Very seldom, it hiccups for a second or two while I drive at regular speed; the phenomenon is...
2
2

95 Maxima GXE; 205/65R15 or 215/60R15 tires?
The 95 Maxima GXE is factory equipped with 205/65R15 tires. The User's Manual states that 215/60R15 tires can be used. Do you think that these lower profiles tires can improve the driveability? Thanks...
4
4

directionl tires vs non directional?
10
10

Nissan Maxima in snow
We live in Northeast Wisconsin and have had no problem with our Max in the snow. I am thinking of picking up a Maxima this year, just wondering how this thing handles in the snow and ice, I live in a...
11
11

Code P1550
1
1

Nissan Matic D ATF = Dexron III?
I decide to replace the ATF for the first time on my 2002 Maxima and went to a local Nissan dealer to buy some Matic D ATF as specified in the service manual. The parts guy said he was out of the...
1
1

How to change Clutch Slave Cylinder - 97 Maxima
Hello All, I got into my Max this evening and the clutch petal went straight to the floor. No pressure at all. It didn't even pop back up. I popped the hood and the Clutch Master Cylinder was EMPTY....
2
2

Keyless Entry problems
I recently bought a 2001 Infiniti I30 from a dealer that sells all makes of cars. The transmitters that came with it have NO buttons and have an FCC ID of IDIKF100. As far as I can tell these...
3
3

Maxima 2000: diagnostic codes P1320 and P1211, ignition coil failure
On a cold Qu?bec morning, my sister started her Maxima 2000. The engine ran roughly for a few minutes, and then, ran smoothly from that point on. The ®Service Engine Soon¯ light came on. She drove...
2
2

can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire
My SES light went on yesterday, no noticeable symptoms of anything. Took it to the dealer, they quoted $949 for the transmission control module, and next to nothing to install it. Part not in stock,...
3638
3638

Maxima Immobilizer Questions
It appears that I have an immobilizer issue with my 1999 Maxima at 100K miles. It cranks, no fuel, Security light is on with key in ON position. The dealer just told me that I need to have it towed in...
18
18