Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 maxima SE stalls when warm
Hi all, I hope someone can help me. About a year ago my 2000 maxima began to stall intermittantly after the engine warmed up at idle. No check engine light ever came on. I took it to the dealer and...
16
16

Occasional 1995 Maxima Starting Problem (Electrical????)
I have a 1995 Maxima that occasionally has starting problems (1 to 5 times a month). The problem seems to occur more often in cold weather. It does not seem to matter if the car sits overnight or has...
6
6

1996-1999 Maxima & 2000-2002 Maxima Interchangeability
I wanted to know if the 4th and 5th Gen Maxima's (i30's) interiors and under the hood are interchangeable. I've got a 1998 Infiniti i30 and wanna take parts from a 2000+ Infiniti i30 but just wanna...

87 Maxima - fuse box(es)
My 87 MAXIMA has developed some electrical problems that I must repair. Most embarrassing is "I cannot find any fuse box". Is not shown in my OWNERS SHOP MANUAL. Are there 2 ,one in the cab and one...
4
4

Transmission noise after left drive axle CV boot replacement
I replaced the left-side outer CV boot the same way I have seen it done to my right-side outer CV boot. That is: on the car, by removing the knuckle and hitting the back of the outer joint to separate...
5
5

2000 Nissan Maxima won't turned over, just clicks
My car refuses to even turn over. It is a 2000 Maxima with 94000 miles. The car was tuned up at 90,000 miles. Ignition coils and spark plugs were replaced at the dealer. I have never missed a service....
5
5

96 Maxima - 145k - P0174 - Fuel System Too Lean Left Bank
All, The CEL set on my Max two weekends ago showing DTC 0210 (P0174). This indicates that the system detected the left bank was running lean. Possible faults: 1. MAF 2. Injector(s) 3. Air Intake leak...
6
6

Engine does not start (99' Maxima)
I am trying to start my 99' Maxima and the engine does not fire up. It cranks up when I turn the key but the engine does not turn on. What are the potential issues? It was even fine this morning when...
2
2

2002 Maxima code P1800
Hi there, I got this code off my son's car with my code reader. Unfortunately, the book that came with the reader does not list Nissan code numbers. My son's Nissan book, which I think is a Haynes,...
4
4

Vaccum line leakage
Does any one know if there is away to check the vaccum line leakage? Any kind of sparay or liquid? Thanks
4
4

upper oil pan on 95 maxima??
I must have the leakiest maxima on the planet! I replaced both valve cover gaskets,oil sending unit,oil pan gasket. I am now down to one leak and I took it to the mechanic who put some of the "leak...
4
4

no sound from my 95 maxima
I have a 1995 nissan maxima, which had a bose system. The base system crapped out on me though about a month ago. i read that the head units had been troublesome to other people, so i went and bout a...
3
3

2000 Nissan Maxima P0305 error code
I have replaced the ignition coils on the 5th cylinder, but the check engine lights keeps repeating the P0305 error code. I have also replaced all the spark plugs on all 6 cylinders and the error...

2001 Nissan Maxima dashboard dash light shows brake and battery symbols??
2001 Nissan Maxima dashboard dash light shows the word brake and a battery symbol?? Went away on trip. Left car at airport. Car's battery was replaced from Batteries Plus+ about 2 years ago. Car runs...
15
15

2001 Nissan Maxima, grinding noise on start-up. AC/Compressor, clanking
Researched this a lot and found that I only get this grinding sound once a day or after car sits for about 5 hours -AND- I turn on the AIR unit after starting. Car always starts fine. AC/Heat work...
2
2

1993 Nissan Maxima ASCD - Cruise Control Problem
Hi - I have a 1993 Nissan Maxima. The cruise control stopped working. I have since replaced the dash switch, but the problem was not corrected. The light on the switch turns on. The light on the dash...
1
1

high idle on 93 maxima dohc
My 93 maxima(automatic trans) idles in the 2000 rpm range when I put it in park or neutral, resulting in a hard shift into first or reverse. When it is in gear it idles fine. It has 155K miles on it...
1
1

2003 Maxima Trunk Light
The trunk light in my 03 Maxima stopped working earlier this week. I figured the bulb was blown so I replaced it, but the light still doesn't work. I'm guessing that there may be something wrong with...
1
1

Check engine light on 2000 Maxima SE - P0172
A few weeks ago, this light came on. When I drove to an auto store to have the readout done, the light went off, but they were still able to pull it with the OBDII reader. It was P0172, Bank 1 too...

Nissan Maxima Knock Sensor
I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima that report a knock sensor error code on bank 1. My mechanic says it should be replace and it could cost about $500 for parts and labor total. Knock sensor cost about $160...
5
5