Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can the CD player read data discs containing MP3s?
suppose that i burn a cd-rom with mp3s from my laptop. could i play this cd on the standard stereo on the 2004 nissan maxima's cd player?
12
12

Where is the air conditionning evaporator water drain?
When I switch on the air conditionning, it smells bad in the car for a few minutes. I was told by a dealership serviceman that a possible cause is the evaporator water drain. Could you tell me where...
8
8

2000 Maxima front end clunking noise on rough road
Its been a while, but here's a follow-up. Nisstech is right on the button with his first suggestion about bad struts. I ordered an OEM replacement set and replaced both struts this past weekend. The...
12
12

Bypassing the fusible link on the positive battery cable?
Hi all, The battery cable on my 95 Max is seriously corroded. I don't want to spend $130 for a pair of new cables from Nissan dealers (what a ripoff). The negative is easy to replace. The problem is...
3
3

91 Maxima - Intermittent Misfire
My 91 Maxima GXE has developed an intermittent misfire within the last few months. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The misfire seems to be linked to engine temperature. If the car is cold, it...
4
4

i30 vs. i30t
I recently acquired a '96 I30 for my teenage daughter to drive and it simply does not take the curves the way my '97 I30t does. The struts are good and I can't find anything in the suspension that is...
19
19

95 Nissan Maxima Starting Problem
I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE with starting problems. For the past 1.5 years it has had trouble starting. Within the past few months it has gotten increasingly worse. What happens is this: As it...
12
12

98 nissan maxima dead battery
I have 98 nissan maxima that runs great... Only issue is the battery dies out if I dont use the car for a week (i do turn off all the lights) and requires a jump start.... Is this an issue with all...
6
6

Blower motor fan blade rubbing - noise
My 2002 Maxima blower fan blade is rubbing against the plenum housing, worse/loud scraping noise when it is at low speed. Anyone has an R&R procedure for getting to it? It is so loud now as the...
3
3

Torque Specifications 99 Infiniti I30
My elderly neighbor has asked me to replace his brakes on his 99 Infinit I30. Where can I find torque specs as I could not find a Haynes or a Chiltons anywhere? Are there maintenance manuals available...
2
2

Engine stalling on idle (warm/hot)
can anyone tell me how to clean a throttle body on a 2000 nissan maxima

2005 maxima fold down rear seat
Hi, I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima SL. 5 passenger. No center Console in back. How do lock the fold down rear seat on the passenger side. When I am driving the car, if make sudden stop, the rear fold...

A33 Maxima stereo speakers
What size are the factory stereo speakers in the A33 Maxima? 6" or 6.5"? My Maxima is the base spec and only has a speaker in each door. I've noticed that some Maximas have factory tweeters in the A...

Help: Infiniti 96 I30 P0400 trouble code
4
4

97 Maxima Hard Start
My Maxima began hard star about a year ago...245000km,only after sitting for a couple of hours as well as very hard to start in several times then finally catches and runs rough for a few...
9
9

1995 Maxima, Bad Fuel Injector?
I've got a 1995 Nissan Maxima. It started running rough, and the service engine light came on. The ECM codes indicated a multiple cylinder misfire and knock sensor. It did not indicate which cylinders...
3
3

1999 Nissan Maxima noise while driving
Most cars, as brake pads worn out, usually gets noise when hitting brake but my 99 Maxima is vice versa. I hear the squeezing nosie while driving but the noise stops when I apply brake. Anyone knows...
9
9

2001 Maxima Anniversary SE, lack of power on acceleration
There is no power when I accelerate (automatic trans). My cars at 61,000 miles and is due for a tune up. Even before there was lack of power on the acceleration. 4 cylinder cars beat me on the take...
6
6

'92 Maxima - Transmission Fluid - check and change?
Hi, Can somebody tell me how to change the transmission fluid of my 1992 AT Nissan Maxima? Is there any website (with pictures if any) showing how this is done? Thanks. - SG
2
2

96 Maxima SE car sputters at 2000 rpm
Car starts fine, idols fine, and runs fine EXCEPT when I drive over 2000 rpm's. If I accelerate slowly all is ok until I reach 60+ mph (2000 rpm). If I accelerate quickly it shifts gears until I hit...
9
9