306 TD Won’t Start - Electrical or immobiliser problem?

Hi, please help, I?m starting to go crazy on this one.

I?ve owned a 1996 306 TD for 7 years and out of the blue it won?t start, or even turn over. Once I?ve put the key code in the immobiliser both red and green lights coming on (rather than going green completely) but I?ve had the immobiliser checked and apparently all is fine.

Could there be something wrong with my ecu or with one of the circuits it checks on startup?

Although I had driven the car that morning and a few times one week before that, it has been standing unused for some months previous to that so I don?t know if that has had any effect.

I?ve already tried re-charging the battery and resetting the goes for trying the immobiliser code in case I entered the wrong one by accident.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, jj

Reply to
jj52