406 2.0 HDI 90ps Fuel pressure problem

Hello, I won`t start cursing (though I`d like to) but I`m already getting to the limit of my nerves with my Pug. Long time ago had a problem with fuel indicator. At the level of about

1/6 of the tank the engine just stalled. I thought everything could happen but there still must be fuel. It wasn`t.... Then there was the second time....same stuff but at 1/5 tank...

I thought my high pressure pump should be already harmed but it kept going.

After some time I spotted the fuel was leaking somewhere. So I found the problem under my rear seat. The low pressure pump housing was smashed and diesel was spilling everywhere!!! Fixed this problem. I thought nothing more should happen at least for a while, but then the deadly yellow engine warning light switched on one morning (it wasn`t cold). Couldn`t rev more than 3000....after some heating/ cooling cycles it went down and didn`t came up once more until a few days ago.

One more thing is that sometimes it`s hard to stall the car. I mean when I stop the car somehwere....pull out the key it won`t stall for a while and keeps going at normal revs (2-3 seconds).

Well, it was time to take a diagnose. Got my car on a dealers PPS. It was an error P1138 telling that: RPM: 900 (though I do always see 800rpm when the car is not moving) Regulator current: 59mA Fuel pressure: 173 bar Engine status: EGR system not active RCO: 5% Errod description: Fuel supply pressure regulator. stop required but regulation process still active

Have searched the internet all over. Can`t figure out from which part the search for cause should be started. The dealer wants to change high pressure fuel pump it`s 500-600 quid....And if it won`t help?

Any ideas?

Reply to
Adomas -