406 roof strips problem

My 406 Exec has inset rubber strips running from centre pillar to tailgate on both sides, but they have recently become loose and have pulled out completely. Does anyone know if the narrow base strip should be glued to the roof, or is it just a 'squeeze and fit' thing. I wonder if pushing the strip down onto the base strip simply causes it to bulge outwards and grip the roof channel, as I can see no signs of adhesive. Hope someone can help Regards Phil.

Reply to
Philip Western