Best Rated threads in Peugeot carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

306 HDi - Oil Temperature Gauge
While mooching round the web at work, I noticed that the 206 (I assume the newer model) HDi's have an oil temperature gauge. My 306 has the gauge, but only uses it for a level check when I first turn...

605 XU10 oil leak
I've got a oil leak that I am trying to fix. My car is a 93' 605 with a 2 litre XU10J2Z petrol engine. The oil is collecting on the right hand side engine mount, and I suspected the camshaft or...

Locking Wheel Nuts - 307 Torque Settings
One of my locking wheel nuts has snapped (the centre part of the nut, unfortunately, the other bit is still on the wheel), the car is less than two years old, asked peugeot if its still covered -...
3
3

Pug 205 GTi 1.6
Hi Folks Hope someone can help. I have a Pug 205 GTi that I bought a month or so ago for very little money. It sounded fine on the way down but in the last couple of weeks it has started to sound like...
11
11

406 rear seat removal
I have been attempting to remove the rear seat to access the fuel pump, according to the Haynes manual it is simply a matter of undoing two pins at the front of the seat, pulling it forward, lifting...
2
2

406 Clicking noise
Hi everyone. My 1997 Peugeot 406 started to make a clicking noise from behind the glove-box, in the passengerside. (I have a LHD peugeot 406), so the noise is from the right hand side). The clicking...
8
8

rev limiter question - 307 Hdi DTurbo
Hello all, Does anyone know at what RPM the rev limiter is set to on a DTurbo? On the odd occasions that I've floored the throttle in low gears,1st & 2nd (at a traffic light grand prix, LOL!) the...
9
9

Peugeot 306 hdi whistling noise from front of car?
I have got a high pitched whistle/squeel coming from what sounds like the driver side wheel. Anybody any suggestions as to what couls be causing this?
3
3

Peugeot 405 real wheel slanting
I have a 1994 Peugeot 405 estate (250,000 miles) and the n/s rear wheel is slanting out at the bottom. Local garage is talking about the rear axle needing replacing. I'm not convinced. May just be a...
12
12

Peugeot 405 T16 - tunning?
Hello! Please, can anyone direct me where can I find out what modifications I can do on 405 t16? I'm mainly interested in engine upgrades. money is not a question. Does enyone know what things can I...
28
28

Various issues on Peugeot 406 2.0 LX
I?ve just bought a second hand Peugeot 406 2.0i LX, 1996 P Reg. Got some problems with it, and I?m hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I?m aware some of these questions have been...
17
17

clarion CD not working
The clarion CD gradually refused to read media. Now it doesnt read them at all. It spins but then it simply ejects them with an error message. Any ideas hot to solve the problem?
1
1

Peugeot 306 Radio problems
About two months ago the buttons on my radio face stopped working. The radio was on and working fine in that sense but none of the buttons would work so I couldn?t change the channel, volume, turn it...
1
1

206cc Door Panel removal
Hi, I need to remove both door panels from my 206cc to try to clean some adhesive residues left by the previous owner. Can somebody tell me where are the hidden screws if any or if it's only held by...
1
1

306 accelerator pedal has gone stiff
I have a 98 306 Turbo Diesel and the accelerator pedal has gone really stiff. Plus I can hear and feel that the pedal is possibly rubbing against something. Any ideas of what is wrong with the...
3
3

406 clicking noise
My wife's 406 T-reg estate has just started making a loud intermittent clicking noise from around the glove compartment area of the dashboard. The dealer says that it's either a relay or it's from the...
8
8

307 hdi90 lumpy idle followup
Just been in the garage for 2 days and have now been informed the car needs a complete new fuel system and wasn't even told it true i heard somewhere that the in tank fuel pump is breaking up and...
11
11

Clarion PU9833A Security
Hi, I disconnected the battery on my PUG 405 and was asked for "CODE IN" on the Radio. I accidently entered the wrong code and it now displays a random number when I turn it on. If I press BND when...
4
4

306 D Turbo - heater not working
Hi, The heater doesn't work on my 306 D Turbo (N reg). Some folk tell me the heating system needs bleeding - I've bled the two screw valves on the water pipes (one behind the rocker cover and one to...
8
8

306 HDi radiator fan cut-in temp
Can anyone confirm the approximate temperature their 306 radiator fan kicks-in? While I was stuck in slow-stop traffic a few days' ago (for about an hour), the temp gauge slowly went into the red: not...
1
1