Latest threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Damn That Dexcool...sprung another leak
97 pontiac GA 3.1, 131k miles. I must say this car has held up and runs pretty damn good to be honest...but the coolant leaks do to Dexcool have caused an Intake gasket failure at 80k costing me $800,...
44
44

Speedo needle jumping
Hello Folks. 1981 Pontiac Parisienne. Aftermarket ( I think ) cruise control. Speedo guage needle jumps + fluctuates. Cleaned + lubed cable from cruise control box to speedo -- no change. Next will do...

Incessant squeaking from overhead storage system
My wife's '05 Montana SV6 has the overhead storage system with the dual rails running along the headliner. It squeaks almost constantly. The dealer has failed to remedy this problem. We're taking a 4...
2
2

ft. pds. and pds. inches torque???
i use a regular ft. pds torque wrench on my engine ,but specifications are calling for pd. inches torque??i am guessing that the conversion is around 12 in. per ft.?? so the torque is calling for...
1
1

firefly won't start
Lots of gas and spark...just no go------- Started out having trouble leaving a stop sign - no power till it got rolling, then was fine.,till next stop sign or light. This morning it started barely -...

ABS breaks on GM truck
The ABS light went on and will not go out. I took my car to a mechanic and he hooked up the scan tool he says that he can get readings from everything but the ABS breaks. Ed
2
2

Need help opening door - '65 Le Mans
I have a '65 Le Mans that the passenger side door latch seems to have broken. I can open the door about 1/8 of an inch, then it gets stuck on something metal. Is there a way I can release the latch by...

REESE Hitches
Why does Reese even make a Class II (3500#) Hitch for Grand Prix? They are only rated 1000#
6
6

Will not crank, older Bonneville
I have an '89 Bonneville 3.8L. Last week it would not start and had it towed to a local mechanic who replaced the ignition module. Today I had difficulties where it died several times and then had no...
5
5

93 grand prix LE
i cant figure this one out, i have a 93 grand prix le 3.1, when i drove it it would dog out while driveing as if it was clogged up, no power, just putting, so i put a new motor in it. out of a car...
5
5

new Pontiac owner intro
I am in the process of buying a 93 Grand Am with a 4 cyl 2.3 engine. Can anyone tell me a good place to get a maintenance book, ie Haynes, for this car? Thanks and I am hoping to learn a lot from you...
2
2

89 firebird SSA
im thinking of buying a 89 firebird. it has a SSA on the front fenders. what opition is this? i have a 78 trans am that i have had for 20 years..im thinking of selling it...
1
1

Aztek key stuck out of the ignition
I know its a switch but I have a 2003 Aztek that will not let the key into the ignition. My wife pulled up and pulled the key out before she put it in park. Once she realized the doors did not...

vibe ac heater blower prolem
The blower only works on high speed. Any sugestions? TIA Greg
4
4

96 grand am obd 335 error code
The code indicates crankshaft position sensor error a circuit error. Any clue how to fix this??
1
1