Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Pontiac Montana Key FOB programming
How do I program a Key Fob for a 2001 Pontiac Montana ? Thanks
2
2

Remote starter (help!!!)
I have recently installed a remote starter in my 98 Grand AM. It is a ProStart CT-3360. The doors lock/unlock, the tach has been learned, and the remote starter cranks the engine, but once it senses...
3
3

1998 pontiac sunfire, odemeter and radio lights dim cant read
my odometer and radio lights on my 1998 sunfire are dim, they no longer light up and cannot be read unless you have a light shining on them, they are fully function, you just cant see them, all fuses...
6
6

95 grand prix OBD1? and problems with highway speed bucking
My car began to buck at highway speeds. I could temporarily apply or let off of the gas and it would correct itself... until 2 seconds of constant applied pressure to the gas pedal... then it would...
1
1

2002 Grand Prix GTP outisde temp gauge
Hi, I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I purchased the car used in March of 2004. I noticed that the outside temperature gauge (location is in the rear-view mirror), is reading on average 4 to 5...
10
10

95 Bonneville All Power Windows Won't Work
I'm a newbie when it comes to repairing cars and I hope that someone could help me with this problem with my 1995 Bonneville... My power windows in the front drivers and passengers side have both...
3
3

'94 Grand Prix stumbles
Hi '94 Grand Prix 3.1L 197K idles fine but recently has begun to "stumble" (cough and hesitate?) on acceleration. If I floor it- it will respond but still stumbles a bit. I recently did have the...
1
1

pontiac sunbird sparkplug replacement
i have a 1994 pontiac sunbird that needs spark plugs [6] my dealer wants $100.00 ca. to installthem as he says it is about 1/12 hours to replace plugs. the front 3 are easy to see, where the heck are...
2
2

Grand Am - can't open trunk - stuck
External key won't turn to unlock trunk - been that way for months. Then this morning the inside trunk release worked then this afternoon it doesn't either. Can't get into my trunk. Attempting to take...
1
1

1996 pontiac sunfire fuel problem
doesnt seem to be getting fuel, fuel pump seems to be working fine, try to start but seems to get only spurts of gas, pour fuel into intake and it runs till gas burns, it will run by itself for about...
1
1

Re: how do I release the factory clamp on my fuel filter? 2001 grand am
well i can tell u that it is a pain. please let me know if you get it off. i have a 98 that i cant get off either
7
7

Cruise Symbols
I noticed on some of the new cars I looked at that the Cruise Control stalk doesn't even have words on it anymore. Its all picture symbols for those who no reada or no speeka de english. All the...
7
7

Is there a remote negative battery post on my Montana?
Dear Group, I just got home from the cottage and my old 92 Eagle Summit has a dead battery as one of the kids left the door slightly open when we left for vacation. I went to boost it with our 2000...
1
1

Heater core bypass & AC
I just ran a bypass for my heater core to buy some time until I can replace it. What I am wondering is if bypassing the heater core affects being able to run the AC in any way? 1995 Grand AM SE 3.1L...
6
6

sunfire thermostat
hi is it possible to change the thermostat setting to turn on the radiator fan at a lower temperature?? if possible, how please help! send an email to thanks so much!
9
9

2004 Grand Prix GT2 Transmission Problems!!!
Hi. I have a brand new 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2. It has about 900 miles on it and the transmission is already acting up! The first time it shifts, the transmission shudders. This does not happen on...
3
3

93 GP Window Off Track
The drivers window came out of its track the other day. Please respond if this has happened to you. This is actually the second time it happened. Last time it took me way too many hours to fix...
1
1

96 sunfire passenger seat slider
Hi Guys, New to the group here, so go easy on me. *g* 96 Pontiac Sunfire, 2.2L standard transmission, two-door I'm having some troubles with this sunfire's passenger seat. Basically, the cable/wire...
2
2

Broken bolt Removal Tips
For Christmas of 2002 I got a handy dandy Craftsman Broken Bolt / Stripped Screw Head Extractor set. Any tips for using them to remove two broken valve cover bolts? The bolt diameter around the thread...
5
5

Doors won't unlock when vehicle put in park
I am having problems with my Pontiac Aztek, when the vehicle is placed in park, it does not always unlock my car doors. This does not happen all the time, it happens intermidently, so it has not yet...
3
3