Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pontiac solstice at msrp??
What a joke - even with the few 2006's still around the local stealers are still asking $5k over sticker. I would have loved to have bought one of these but I guess I will settle for a new Miata and...
6
6

"96 Pontiac Sunfire stalls at stop sign
My '96 sunfire stalls at the stopsign thaen won't start. No engine light comes on it just dies. After an hour or so it starts back up and runs fine. This happens about once a week. Any ideas????
1
1

GM Class II Data Bus Interface
I recently installed an aftermarket radio in my 2004 Grand Prix. After doing so, my dashboard time display and door chimes stopped working. I bought a data bus interface to correct this, btu have not...
4
4

98 Transport electric lock problem
The problem is this: the van will not automatically unlock with the engine running and you switch from any gear to Park, also none of the switches for the electric locks does nothing. The only time it...
3
3

Still stuck on P0140 '96 Grand Am
I apoligize for reposting, but I really would like to get this lady's car fixed! My name is Chip and I am a disabled ex-class A Tech. I have started a ministry out of my church where I work on (and...
2
2

Security Warning Light and The engine won't start
How does security warning light relate to the engine that will not start. The security warning light in 99 Pontiac Grand AM was on when i was driving this morning. I parked the car and restart the...
2
2

Re: Low Voltage Brake Switch Grand Prix
Does the following information help? Document ID# 574942 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DTC C0161 ABS/TCS Brake Switch Circuit...

1990TRANSPORT SPEEDO/TACH READINGS TO HIGH
I m going at 70 but the speedo indicate 140mph, tacho, same thing 2X. How could I test the electronic speedo pulse generator, the buffer, and tach sensor? This component gives feedback to ECM. Any...

'93 Pontiac Sunbird Cold Starting
Got a '93 pontiac Sunbird, 3.1 ltr. Multiport fuel injection (V6). Car starts fine during the warm parts of the year, but in cold weather (mornings) it has a tough time wanting to start, i turn key...

2006 G6 Traction control
Just to let all know my feelings about the G6 I have one and enjoy it very much. The ride is comfortable and I like the styling. I have the GT model with the sunroof. So far I have not had any...
5
5

CD - Cassette adapter stuck in radio? (1990 Grand Prix)
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE. Tried to use the CD - Cassette adapter for first time today. Have never had any tapes in the radio before. I put it in, and now it appears to be stuck in there. Doesn't...
1
1

GM 4T60-E transmission diagram
Hi Does anyone know where in the web I can find complete diagram of GM transmission 4T60-E. Maybe some one could send me clear photo copy. Thanks
4
4

1991 Pontiac Grand Am Radiator Fan Problem
Hello: I have a 1991 Pontiac Grand Am with a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine in my shop with a radiator fan control problem. If the air conditioning compressor is running, the radiator fan runs. If the...
1
1

3800 coolant leak - "repaired" but still leaking -
Ok, First I count my blessings that I made it all the way to 243,000 miles on my 1998 Grand Prix before it developed the dreaded, yet expected coolant leak problem on the 3800 series II (non Super). I...
9
9

97 sunfire 2.2 5 speed clutch question
Hello, First off thank you in advance and I am wondering if someone could help me out. Today my reservoir to my clutch ran dry on me ( the one near the power brake fluid). Needless to say it was very...
2
2

1992 pontaic transport no high blower
I have a 1992 pontiac transport witha 3.1. i have no high blower speed. all other speeds work. I have changed the control panel(heat a/c def and fan speed control. I changed the blower relay. Is there...
2
2

Repair Manual for Pontiac TransSport 2.3?
So, I bought a Pontiac Trans Sport 2.3 year 1993. I have not been able to find a repair manual for the car. I bought a Haynes Repair Manual that claimed to cover all models 1990-1996, but it does...
2
2

2002 sunfire Drl problem
I have a 2002 pontiac sunfire GT. When I turn on the car everything seems fine. Then take the car out of park and the DLR's flash and show the service light on the dash. I also have no low beam...
10
10

2004 GP rear alignment
My 04 GP had to have a full alignment due to inside wear on inside rear tires. I had it aligned and the rear tires lean in now. Is this correct? I put a level vertical on the rear tires and there is...
8
8

93 Grand Prix - very high idle
Hello, At start up my car will shoot to about 3000 rpm and idle at that speed for awhile. I am guessing the EGR valve will need to be checked/replaced. Is there anything else that I should also...
9
9