Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 Grand Prix 3.1 Intake Manifold and Rocker arm torque
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the torque specs for Intake manifold, and rocker arm for 2002 Grand Prix? Thanks
2
2

Pontiac Montana Inner Tie Rod replacement
I've looked at the shop manual procedure for changing the inner tie rods. It doesn't specifically state the rack and pinion must be removed first. Clearances are tight to remove the bellows and get...
2
2

Removing the Rear Seat back - 68 Lemans
I need to remove the rear seat back in my '68 Lemans so that I can replace the package tray. I'm sure it's an easy thing to do - if you know how to do it; I'll gaurantee it isn't if you don't. I'm in...
3
3

Re: Should I have to pay for this?
Getting the oil changed and a coolant flush have NOTHING to do with the spark plug. Did you make sure the blinker fluid and the muffler bearings where checked?
4
4

Heater core won't fit
DH and I have gotten the old heater core out of our '94 Grand Am (by the way for interested parties it's right smack dab in the middle behind that beloved floor console--not passenger side like most...
2
2

Bonneville SSEi
What's the replacement for the Bonneville SSEi - if there was one? Thanks Gene
3
3

1998 Transport - NO HEAT!
My van has had poor heat since I got it. I took it too the dealer when I was still under warranty and they took out the filters and said thats as good as it gets. It blows hot air and the engine is up...
10
10

93 Sunbird Problem
Totally random, went to work fine, but when I came home, it took 3 times to start it, and then I could not go more than 5 miles per hour, even flooring it. It caughed and sputtered, and died a lot....
1
1

Re: 96 Bonneville Idling at 3,000 RPM - DTC P0507 is Very Simila
I know that this is an old thread but I am hoping that this question will be forwarded to you. Anyway, what was the solution to the problem as I am encountering the same situation with my 94...

Trans Sport parking brake -- how to disengage?
Hello, Not too long ago I bought a 1994 Pontiac Trans Sport. Its emergency brake pedal is embossed with the words "PUSH TO RELEASE". When I pushed the emergency brake, it engaged. Now it won't...
1
1

88 Pontiac grand am oil pressure
Remove the oil pressure sender and install a mechanical oil pressure gauge and see what the pressure REALLY is when its warmed up. If its really that low at idle with the mechanical gauge then you...
2
2

Pontiac Vibe: any experience?
Does anyone out there have a Vibe? I was looking at the Toyota Matrix and heard the Vibe is built by the same plant so I thought I might check them out. Thanks, RonT
5
5

My 94 Pontiac Bonneville has a "stuttering" problem!
This car runs great except when it shifts to second gear. It seems to stutter a little bit going up a hill or slowing and then accelerating again. When on the highway this car runs out great. Would a...
2
2

Vibe Power Inverter - No Power?
Hi All: I have a 2003 Vibe. The Power Inverter seems to have lost power. Push the button; indicator light comes on, no power. Checked fuse block under instrument panel; all ok. Any guidance outside of...
3
3

97 Pontiac Sunfire Special Edition Converible Engine Problems
ok, so I have a 97 pontiac sunfire special editon convertible. It has the 2.4L twin cam engine. Well my check engine light is on as well as the ETS off light. It occasionally hesitates really bad....
1
1

96 Grand Am sounds like a diesel.
I have a 96 Pontiac Grand Am Se 2dr 6cy 2.4 liter that has about 70k on it . I have kept regular maintenance on the vehicle, (tunes-ups, oil changes etc.) On a cold start the engines sounds like a...
5
5

Trans sport 2.3i 16v.
I'm looking for some spare parts of this van. Do you know any affordable site where to buy them ( new and used parts ) ?? ( Better in U.S. ) Thanks
1
1

2000 Gran Prix Transmission Fluid
The transmission is a type 4T65-E and the owner's manual calls for use of GM Dextron III automatic transmission fluid. After replacing a leaking pan gasket I need to fill the transmission case with...
5
5

WTB: 1988-1991 Bonneville SSE Tail Light Lens
Can't seem to find a good set of them anywhere. Really only need the right side, but that seems to be the one that everyone is having the problems with. email me if you have any for sale. Thanks.
1
1

94,gtp,v6,3.4L intake manifold gaskets replacement
Does anyone know where to find the bolt torque specs and tightining sequence for this job ?Is there any tricks or things to be aware of ? many thanks in advance .....A.
11
11