Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where is the oil filter located on a 2002 Sunfire (AutoF)
I have a 2002 Sunfire. Am changing oil & filter. the manual doesn?t tell me where to firnd the oil filter. Can anyone tell me?
5
5

Vibe/Matrix rattle
My 2004 Vibe has the potential to be a great car (layout, versatility, mileage, etc.) but ever since I bought it seven months ago, I've been experiencing various rattles from behind the dash. The...
8
8

1990 Sunbird Dash Lights
Hi All, I have a 1990 Pontiac Sunbird SE and I found that it's impossible to take out the dash panel in order to reach behind to change the lights. Am I just stupid or is there an easier way to...
9
9

RE: 1994 pontiac bonneville with occasional BAD hesitation
I have a '94 Bonneville SE V6/3800 with 205K on it. It's been a great car but recently when its warmed up it will sometimes hesitate to the point of nearly stalling when pulling onto the highway or...
3
3

389 oil pan problem
For some reason....the very bottom on my oil pan is caved inward approximately 1/2". The engine is in my 65 GTO, and I want to try to pull the pan back out without having to pull the engine. I don't...
4
4

Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 liter
My son trying to help out his girlfriend change plugs and wires on her Pnitac Sunfire (I think '97) pulled the wires and messed up the firing order. Can someone point me in the direction for the...
1
1

97 Grand Prix -- "thunk" noise coming from right rear wheel area?
Hoping someone has some ideas on this.. When going over bumps in the road, my wife's 97 GP makes a "thunk" sound near the right rear wheel. We've had the car in at two different places (one private,...
3
3

Grand AM water pump, Help!
I have a 94 Grand Am with the 2.3 liter engine Single Overhead CAM (vin 3, I think). I have just got over 200k miles. I think the car sensed I was starting to lock at newer cars. Well the water pump...
5
5

gutting CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Has anyone gutted or removed their catalytic converter from their Grand Prix? What is the easiest way to gut one, and how many does the Grand Prix have? I have a GTP. thanks
2
2

2001 Grand Prix bad tie rod??
Took the Gran Prix for its state inspection yesterday, it's a 2001 with 23,000 miles and it failed because the tire rod end was shot. You could easily push it up and down, and side to side. The shop...
6
6

Sunbird convertible top replacement
Hi. I have a 1990 Pontiac Sunbird convertible (with a plastic rear window ... that just cracked from the cold) and I'm looking at replacing the top. My dilemma: The car's only worth around a thousand...
2
2

2001 grand prix lack of power
i am working on a 2001 grand prix 3.8l (k). we replaced the plugs and wires, misfire went away, but it wont rev past 3500 rpms. loses power. Disconnected cat, no change, replaced module no change....
10
10

Intake manifold gasket - 3.4L engine
Found a small coolant leak presumedly from a leaking intake manifold gasket. 98 Montana w/approx 93K miles. GM released a 'new design' gasket with 'improved sealing qualities'. Felpro lists an intake...
6
6

1999 Grand Prix - Surging under Acceleration
hey all...question/problem 1999 Grand Prix, 3.8, 110,000 km/65,000 miles under light to medium acceleration, usually while 3rd or 4th gear at any speed, car surges/hestitates - tachometer shows revs...
1
1

1997 Grand Prix - Serpentine Belt Jumps
Hi, Anyone have some ideas why my serpentine belt jumps 1 groove on the crank pulley? I have tried 2 new belts and both did it at only a few thousand miles run-time. It's the 3800 series II VIN K (97...
12
12

90 Grand Prix excessive brake pedal travel
Probably beating a dead horse but here goes. For quite some time my brakes have been spongy. The car stops ok but I think the pedal travels too far before starting to grab. I've bled all the brakes in...
1
1

2004 Sunfire ecotec L61 / Getrag F23
Hello Question for the group. I'm looking into a 2004 Sunfire coupe. Is the ecotec L61 and Getrag F23 the same from the 2003 model year, or have they been upgraded/improved. Some owners had noisy...
1
1

Maxima Beats Grand Prix in HP Race!
It seems the new Maxima is spurting out 265hp from a non supercharged engine, but the GP is maxinging out with only 260 hp from a Supercharged engine...thats sad. Pontiac used to be a head Honcho in...
11
11

power steering very hard on 89 grand am
Hello, My 89 Grand Am has leaking power steering fluid for a couple of years. About a month ago, it suddenly became extremely difficult to steer in the morning and at low speeds. Under the hood, it...
3
3

95 Bonneville steering radio controls not working
Hi All...hope you can help. Just acquired 95 Bonneville (one owner/44,000 miles/very well cared for) and here's one of the things that needs fixed: Some of the radio controls in the steering wheel...
5
5