Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1998 Pontiac Sunfire problems
I've got a 98 sunfire. 2.2 L. About 80,000 miles. I have been having problems since May of this year. After a little while of highway driving, the temperature gauge will bounce from 100 - 180 while...
4
4

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Se ride height problem
For some reason the height to wheelwell at RR is 3/4" lower than LR and RF is 1/2" lower than RF this is with properly inflated tires,on a level surface and nothing in the car! What could be the...

HELP! quick release adapter for fuel filter on '98 pontiac sunfire
I have a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. I was trying to change the fuel fitler, but could not get the "quick release" adapter to disconnect from the fuel filter inlet. There are 4 black tabs on the adapter. I...

Ingnition Control Modules 2.3 Quad 4
Hey all I keep cooking ignition control modules on my 91 GA 2.3 quad 4. It will run for a while and then die. Any ideas where to start looking for the problems? Steve
5
5

Re: 2.2 Ecotec / Getrag
Haven't dealt with the 5-speed Getrag box in the instance of an '03 Sunfire, I was assuming it'd be a similar design to the 5-speed Getrag used in the Fiero. Which is a highly saught after box. Nick.
9
9

sunfire, front end rattling noise
I just bought a 2002 pontiac sunfire and am hearing this rattling noise from the front end when almost coming to a complete stop. It only makes this noise when just crawling along then stops if im...

97 Grand Am Won't Hold Water....Leaking at firewall from some kind of drain spout???
I have a 97 GA with a 3.1. I was going down the road then started smelling coolant coming from my A/C vent then started hearing a girgling of water just behind the dash. When I got home I noticed I...
5
5

Grand Am body control module
My daughter's 2001 Grand Am has a "service vehicle soon" light lit on the dash. I took it to the dealer. They say that they believe that the body control module is bad. A new one will probably run in...
4
4

radio Wiring schema for 2003 sunfire
Hi all, Sorry if this is a no brain-er question but I was wondering if anyone here can tell me the color codes for a 2003 pontiac sunfire radio? I found (by testing) the constant power source and now...
8
8

2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G Mods....
I just purchased this ride with 30k miles (black and near perfect condition)..... I'd like to get some more hp without breaking the wallet... I did the research for some "simple" mods but how simple...
3
3

ABS and AWD Disable Light 02 Montana
Hi. I was just wondering what could possibly be wrong with my 2002 Pontiac Montana AWD van. The abs light comes on and when that does the awd disable light comes on too. I know that's normal for the...
1
1

Vibe seat-belt alarm
I have an '05 Vibe GT and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the obnoxious beeping if there's someone in the passenger seat and doesn't have their belt on. Also, is there any way to shut...
5
5

'04 Grand Prix w/Monsoon - Rear speakers vibrate/rattle/buzz!
Hi, I have an '04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 with the Monsoon stereo. Ever since the dealer replaced the left rear speaker (due to a known wiring problem), the rear speakers now vibrate or rattle with...
1
1

Tach wire on 01' Sunfire 2.2????
Could anyone tell me where the "Tach" wire is (and colour) on a 2001 Sunfire 2.2??? I'm installing a remote starter and I wired into the "white" wire at the coil pack (Thats where one shop told me to...
8
8

97 Grand Prix GTP ABS/Tire pressure sensor problems
H all, I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out. I have a 97 GTP w/ 128k miles on it, and I have been having problems with my ABS and tire pressure sensors. About a week ago, I had to...
4
4

91 Bonneville Remote Programming
Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone out there could tell me how to, or where to find information on how to program the Keyless Remote for a 1991 Bonneville SSE. I am sure the car came with the...
8
8

2001 AZTEC license plate bulb replacement HOW?
how do I replace the bulb, there is no easy way to get to it, does anyone have a clue, there are screws, but they are have some funky heads, no screw driver i have can budge them, and it looks like...
2
2

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3.8 Won't run (2023 Update)
Ive replaced both the module and the coil, new spark plugs. Had my step dad come over and look at it , but he lives 2 hrs away so he can't pin point it down. The spark is great and so is the fuel, he...
1
1

BCM location 1999 Grand Prix
Any idea where the Body Control Module (BCM) is located? I was told on the under the dash on the drivers side and was also told on the passengers side behind the glove box. Any help in locating this...
1
1

2000 Grand Prix - ABS & TCS OFF lights on
Hi, Have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP which all of a sudden started doing the following: After the vehicle is driven approximately 5 miles the ABS light and the TCS OFF light come on at the SAME time. There...
5
5