Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Crisper Shifting
The AutoTrans Interceptor is a permanent adapter plugged into the existing wiring harnesses of computer-controlled transmissions: Adjustable increase of transmission line pressure reduces burnt...
2
2

05 Grand Prix Rolling Forward in Park
I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and when I put the vechicle in park and remove my foot from the brake the vechicle rolls forward. The distance the vechicle rolls is dependant on the incline, on steap...
3
3

94 sunbird. caliper hex size
I've just bought my first Pontiac ( for my kid) . A 1994 sunbird and am going to replace the calipers, rotors and pads. Auto Zone people cannot tell me the size of the hex bolt that removes the...
6
6

2000 Grand am GT windows scratching
I have a 2000 GT which I bought new. I've had this problem with the drivers and passengers side windows getting scratched. I had first taken it in back in 02 for this and they replaced glass and outer...
5
5

95 Bonneville won't start hot
First timer....so here it goes: Our 95 Bonneville has 120k on it, always seviced (by me, a former NIASE certified mechanic back in the 70's) and a great car... BUT... it won't start after it sits from...
7
7

Vibe GT GT 6 spd reverse beeper
Hi all: Anyone know a way to disable the annoying beeper that activates when in reverse gear (2003 Vibe GT 6 speed)? It is really annoying. Love the car otherwise. Bruce
5
5

Grand Am Monsoon Stereo error
My Monsoon cd has stop working. If I put a cd in it, it stay there for 5 sec and come out And I get a (check cd) error The error will appear every 20 sec even if IM listening to the radio With with no...
3
3

foreign body in engine oil - advice please
You know how some oil comes with a thin foil under the cap? Well, while changing the oil in I think I allowed a piece of that protective foil into the engine! It just went in as I was pouring the oil...
5
5

2.5 Iron Duke; Timing gears or timing chain?
Well, this is my problem... My 2.5 is rattling badly, and it's coming from the timing cover. Also, until recently there was a metallic knocking coming from the cover. Now the cover is leaking oil,...
3
3

Bose stereo in 2002 Grand Prix?
Does anyone know an easy way to tell if a 2002 Grand Prix has the Bose 8-speaker stereo system just by looking at the interior of the car? I'm looking to buy one and looking at lots of pics from...
5
5

1998 Pontiac Sunfire - Overhead Lamp won't turn off.
Got into my Sunfire after a night with friends to see the courtesy light turn on when the door opens... normal stuff. But it didn't turn off when I closed the door. In fact it stayed on through out my...
2
2

Clock time on 2004 pontiac grand am
Anyone know how to change the clock time on a 2004 pontiac grand am? Thanks, Deborah
7
7

2000 Grand Prix - Air Conditioning - some vents blow hot others cold..?..?..
Okay - this is weird to me.... I just recharged my A/C in my vehicle. Everything worked just fine yesterday, Today, I notice that out of 5 dashboard vents, only 2 blow cold air while the other 3 are...
7
7

97 grand prix ABS light
I was on a road trip over the weekend when my ABS light and my track off light came on and stayed on. I have turned the car off and on and it continues to come back. Any suggestions.?
7
7

Removing steering wheel from a 1994 Pontiac Firebird with an Airbag
I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL TO REPLACE THE TURN SIGNAL ASSEMBLY, BUT MY CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH AN AIRBAG AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO REMOVE IT IN THE NORMAL WAY OR NOT, WILL THE AIRBAG...
1
1

Grand Am Frame
Hello All, My son ran his 2000 Grand Am on a guard rail and totaled out his car. He bent the frame on the front drivers side and was told that it would cost 2500 to repair. This is a quote for the...
8
8

Pontiac Firebird Turn Signal Problems
Hi all, I own a 2000 pontiac firebird. Recently, the turn signals stopped working; first, on the left hand side, a few days later, on the right hand side. When the turn signal arm is depressed, the...
9
9

TIRE Size HELP - Pontiac VIBE
Hi, I have a '03 Base Vibe and I'm looking for Winter tires & Rims. Manual says tire size should be P205/55R16. Tire dealer is telling me that I can use P205/65R15 winter tires and rims. Can anyone...
8
8

HVAC solenoid relay
I have a 2000 Bonneville with single control for the ac. In the underhood fuse and relay box there is a slot #39 for a hvac solenoid micro relay. It is empty. Should this relay be on this model? What...

Grand Prix GTP PCV Valve Replacement Guide
I'm sure most of you could swap out a PCV valve in just a few minutes but I wrote up a quick guide with pictures to help out any new owners. The guide was written specifically for the GM 3800 Series...