Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Override Pontiac Montana lights?
I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana with automatic headlights. There are several occasions where we want the damn headlights OFF when the van is running. We want to drive through the Holiday lights in Des...
17
17

1992 Pontiac Grand Am Won't Start
I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am, SE, 2.3L , 4cyl, OHC. A couple days ago while driving, my car suddenly stalled and the service engine light came on. After waiting a few minutes I tried to start it...
15
15

What's draining my battery?
I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix and my battery keeps dying on me. I had my alternator, which was replaced about six months ago, checked and they said that it was ok. What else could it possibly be...
7
7

V6 barina
Hi folks; Just a update, the engine is in, gearbox and rear end. We now have a 1992 Holden barina, ( suzuki swift, pontiac firefly ) and all is working fine. Wish it was street legal, but no our laws...

Confusion about CANbus vs. OBD-II?
Sorry about the crosspost, but I own a Pontiac and a Subaru, and this topic is relevant to both anyways. So I recently got myself an OBD-II car code scanner cable for my laptop, and during research I...
12
12

1992 Richard Petty PONTIAC Grand Prix Special Edition 2d Coupe
I too have a 1992 PONTIAC Grand Prix Richard Petty Special Edition Coupe. Mine is bright, all original RED. Yes... I am possibly interested in selling it. Don't HAVE TO... but might. It is all...
2
2

REALLY DUMB QUESTION 1992 Grand Prix.
I just picked up a 1992 Grand Prix. There is supposed to be a trunk release somewhere in the car, but I can't find it. I figured that it would be a button in the console or glove box, but I cant' find...
3
3

Richard Petty 1992 Grand Prix?
A guy in my shop is selling a 1992 Richard Petty, Limited Edition Grand Prix. I looked at it quickly and it seems really clean. It has the twin cam engine, and all the little trim things are there...

1993 Grandprix Interior lights
Interior lights stay on. I have un plugged the dash switch and they still stay on. when you shut the doors you can here the click after a few seconds, but they still stay on. What could this problem...
4
4

pontiac radiator drain
I am having a time at trying to drain the radiator on a 2003 Pontiac gran prix. How is it done? I am not familiar with the drain plug (if that is what it is). I found a small white plug like device on...
1
1

2000 Pontiac SSEi stumbles and misfires?
Hi guys I have a 200 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi which was running perfect before I parked it on my front lawn and went on my holidays for 2 weeks, I had to park it there because my driveway was filled...
6
6

serpentine belt diagram for 99 grand am se 4 cyln.
My belt on my 99 grand am gave way, got replacement belt, but now I am searching for routing diagram. can anyone attach jpg of diagram in email for me? Thank in advance
1
1

99 Sunfire hard to start when warm
I am at a loss to determine why my 2.2l sunfire will not start easily after it has been running for a while. When the the engine is cold in the morning it fires right up. An hour later or four hours...
2
2

AUX input on GM Radios
Does anyone have any experience with adding an adaptor to your stock GM radio (07 Grand Prix, No Changer, No XM) to enable direct connection of an MP3 player? Looking for something that is, hopefully,...
2
2

steering problems with 2004 Grand Prix GTP
I've been noticing some sounds coming from the front of my 2004 Grand Prix GTP lately, usually (always?) when turning at low speeds. I saw the following TSBs on that look like they're describing the...
5
5

Aftermarket receiver in Pontiac Montana
After driving a Pontiac TransPort for seven years, I just bought a 2002 Pontiac Montana (long wheelbase). I'll get him next week. One of the first things I'll probably want to do is to replace the...

1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2.0 OHC 4 cylinder-too much fuel consumption
Hello. I have a '91 Sunbird LE convertible with a 4 cylinder 2.0 liter OHC motor that uses way too much fuel. I'm getting roughly 12 MPG! I have done a few things in the course of trying to tune the...
3
3

'87 Pont 6000le wagon intermitent spark on cyl #4
Greetings: I have tried to find an answer by reading back through older posts, but didn't see my particular problem addressed. If it has been, I appologise. My wife's work car is a Pontiac 6000le...
3
3

Key stuck in ignition on Pontiac Bonneville 1996
It's 96, automatic transmission. The key doesn't go into "Lock" position, it stays in off position. It is a spare key. I'm sure the transmission is in parking position (otherwise the car would roll...
3
3

Help with stalling in a grand prix
Hello, i am writing this for a friend of mine. He has tried to figure out what causes the "stalling/bucking" in his car through several persons and mechanics, but no one can figure it out. Most can't...
3
3