My 84 Fiero won’t start

I have a 84 pontiac fiero that won?t start. I have changed the computer, fuel pump, o2 sensor, plugs, wires, Ignition module, ditributor rotar, and I even changed the fuel filter a few weeks before it died. It was running fine with a little hesitation on the highway sometimes before it died. The volt meter was also running high since I got it a few months ago but the ac belt is not hooked up so I think that is why.Please help I might try and change the fuel filter again before I give up but I?ve dumped so much into it I would hate to give up now. Thanks!

Reply to
wrvehicle

Have you confirmed that you are getting a spark at the plugs?

Reply to
Silver Surfer
Reply to
wrvehicle

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Hey remember me? My car still won?t start!@# I have checked for a spark and I know I am getting one. So it must be a gas problem, right? I have fuel pressure up to and beyond my fuel filter I pulled the fuel injector out and took a look at it I think it was o.k. but it still won?t start. My plugs are not getting flooded with gas and I?m not really smelling any gas after trying to start it for a while. What can I do next??? :?:

Reply to
wrvehicle

One quick thing you can do is to squirt some starting fluid into the air intake of your engine and try to start it. If it does start and runs very briefly off the starting fluid. Then a fuel problem is almost certain.

Does your mach> > My recommendation would be to prove to yourself beyond a

Reply to
Silver Surfer

"Silver Surfer1" wrote: > One quick thing you can do is to squirt some starting fluid > into the air > intake of your engine and try to start it. If it does start > and runs very > briefly off the starting fluid. Then a fuel problem is almost > certain. > > Does your machine have throttle body injection? > > "wrvehicle" wrote in message > news:1_592956 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > "Silver Surfer1" wrote: >  > > My recommendation would be to prove to yourself > beyond a >  > > shadow of doubt >  > > that you are actually getting a spark. If there is > spark then >  > > it seems to >  > > me that an electrical problem is less likely (unless > your >  > > machine has an >  > > electric fuel pump). With spark confirmed then > timing would >  > > certainly >  > > become an item of interest as would the condition of > the >  > > distributor cap, >  > > spark plug wires, and the spark plugs themselves. >  > >

yes It is throttle body injection... Maybe I will try some starting fluid tommorrow.

Reply to
wrvehicle