Re: Conserve Energy

> > I agree with those who said that boycotting will NEVER work and it will > > not influence the price of gas, not even one cent. We should instead > > conserve more gas. We can live closer to work, walk to work, use public > > transportation, buy a smaller vehicle, drive slower, ride a bike, ... etc. > > If you can afford to drive your SUV 20 miles to work every day, you have > > nothing to worry about. However, those of us who can't afford to do so are > > probably wishing you weren't hogging all the gas, so to speak. > > Therefore, get a place closer to work and start thinking about what > > you > > are going to do when gas hits $10 a gallon. I'm sure you want be driving > > 20 > > miles to work then, it would make no sense. We need to wake up and get > > ready for the future of even higher energy costs and do whatever we can > > now to be ready. > > > > Fred > > Ok, I have to drive 20miles each way to work. My house is valued anywhere > between 70-80k, houses nearer to my work go from 200-300k will you pay the > difference so I can move closer?

In your case, I hope you are earning enough at work to warrant driving 20 miles to and from work. Besides, I'm not telling you to move closer to work to benifit me, I just think it is in your best interest to be prepared for higher gas prices. And if it isn't economically feasable for you, then fine. I just think that people should be prepared for higher energy prices. Because it is bound to happen sooner than later.

Fred

Reply to
fclaugus