997 Alignment from Factory

I bought a new 997 Carrera S and someone who is a trusted source told me the 997?s are arriving with incorrect alignments right from the Porsche factory.

Has anyone heard of this?

I am considering getting it supercharged, there is a company that will do this soon for the 997 and will bring bhp up to about 450 hp, for $10,000.

Reply to
steve997

Put 2000 miles on it and ask your service dept to align it (for free). As for the SC, do you really think your car needs another 100 HP?

And plan on having your warrenty voided should anything happen from what I have been reading on Rennlist...

Gary

Reply to
G. Patricks

So...you want to take a brand new, $80,000+ auto, designed and engineered by some of the best people in the world, and "modify" it. How much power do you need? Oh...and about that warranty...it will be "toast"...just as might happen to your engine if you SC it.

Words of caution from Texas!

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Here are some interesting things they said today - this for 997:

  1. If you have a new 997, when you get a chance go get an alignment. The people in Jessup have alignement equip. used for race cars, dealers purchase alignment equp. that does an alignment quick and is low cost relatively speaking. You will be able to tell the difference at the higher speeds.

  1. If you do track events with PCA or whomever, first break the car in, change the oil for first oil change after the event.

  2. Change the oil preferably every 5,000 miles (yes that does seem often) instead of 20,000 miles, because when they change oil on the Porches after the owner waits at or about the full time interval, there is much water spilling out - not good at all for your engine.

  1. The gearbox is filled with non-synthetic oil from Porsche, probably Mobile but it?s non-synthetic, have this changed and use Redline 75W90 weight synthetic oil, change it every 2 years.

I plan to take my car to the limit in a regulated environment on various tracks, and learn how to handle the pendulem-like dynamics of my car. So this all interests me very much, I sort of figured the oil change interval was geared more toward those who drive the 997 like a regular car, I had already figured to change it every 10K, the first at 5K anyway. It?s really a track athlete.

As for the SuperCharger, I don?t have 10K ready to spend like that now after the car purchase, but if anyone would do that to my car these folks would be the ones - of course after I grilled them with a lot more questions, but Hell they build race cars!

Reply to
steve997

Try evoms.com re the supercharger..........

Reply to
Jim Keenan

A race car and a street car are obviously not the same. You have to live with the car everyday on the street, and once in a while on the track, so while they be hot stuff with race cars, how are they with treet cars that occasionally race?

Try the Porsche Driving Experience - they provide one and two day courses taught by drivers who know Porsches. You can get info on the Porsche website.......

Installation of the SC will undoubtedly void your warranty. Unless you feel lucky or are made of money, it sounds like a nice mod after the warranty runs out...........

Reply to
Jim Keenan