Re: Koenigsegg CCX vs Corvette ZR1

@news.eternal-september.org...

.
>> Wow, I knew that the ZR1 was HIGHLY overrated and that it got > >> crushed > >> by 1/2 second in a 1/4 drag race by the 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo > >> which > >> has 138 less bhp and weighs hundreds of more lbs. I knew that, but > >> that really didn't prepare me for just how slow the ZR1 is compared > >> to > >> a fast car. > >>
> >> I can't even imagine how bad it would have gone for the ZR1 if it > >> had > >> been the upcoming 1350bhp Bugatti Veyron GT or the 1100+ bhp > >> 2500lbs > >> Koenigsegg CCXR E100. > > As always you're right on the money Jack. The Porsche weights about > 300 pounds less than the ZR1 and costs $335K more. I'd have to be in > the car to believe a 1/2 second different in the times. > > As for the Veyron we're talking $1.7 million and less than a half hour > at full throttle to empty its fuel load. Just the car to go to get a > half gallon of milk for your cereal in the morning. That would save on > the wear and tear on your bike if nothing else. > > As for the Swede, nice lines and lots of good engineering and it will > come into its own some day. > > Thanks for the cross post oh yea of little self esteem.- Hide quoted text= - > > - Show quoted text -

You're wrong PAL, it wasn't the uber expensive Carrera GT or the GT2RS that crushed the ZR1 in the April Issue of C&D by 1/2 second in the

1/4 mile. It was the FAR FAR cheaper 911 Turbo. A 500 bhp 3600lbs 2010 911 Turbo CRUSHES the 638 bhp 3200lbs ZR1. That's superior German engineering for you. That's why Porsche bought VW while GM had to bailed out by yours truly and a few hundred million other taxpayers.
Reply to
Sal

$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Ferdinand Pieche pushed out Wiederxing when VW bought Porsche as Porsche revenue tanked by the recession...

Reply to
Ray