Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Drive off: Leaf vs Volt vs Prius vs Focus vs Train
I love a good 'drive off' conducted in a fair and upfront manner: results: * $2.40 - Nissan Leaf * $4.28 - monthly commuter train pass * $4.79 - Chevy Volt * $5.02 - Toyota Prius * $8.72 - Ford Focus...
2
2

here's your generator
's see, it starts with "this article's accuracy is in doubt". And then we move on to my favorite: "A gas-powered car left running, even a Prius, generates lethal fumes. Ensure that the car is either...
22
22

'truly superior' . . . busting 40 MPG myth
Apparently I'm not the only one to notice there is a lot of 'smoke' being blow about by false mileage claims: article concludes with: "It's an undeniable accomplishment—and a sign that the...
4
4

Skeptics: Chevy Cruz Eco is the new Jetta TDI
Hi, Recently GM announced a big sales jump of the Chevy Cruz Eco. Earlier, I was impressed with the Cruz use of automatic vanes to block excess air into the engine compartment. So I went back to check...

Older Prius
2001 with only about 50K miles. Only problem was wheel rim corrosion. What can I expect as the ultimate longevity, particularly with respect to the battery, etc.? Other's experiences with high time...
5
5

Prius Power - 112 hours, 8 gallons
One reason the Prius is superior to every other car is what happened when tornadoes tore up the TVA transmission lines last week. My very first Prius modification was to add a 1 kW inverter: the...
31
31

Healthy Used Prius Market
One of the best sources are the completed sales from Ebay. It includes the sale price, model year, mileage, and accident/salvage status. So I've collected the data in a number of charts: market is...
1
1

Another Prius alternative
". . . Crude oil futures have increased 22 percent and gasoline surged 34 percent this year as Middle East unrest reduced supply, and the global economic rebound bolstered fuel demand. Both futures...
4
4

Prius is the quietest car
We know this to be the case as Congress and the President passed a law to put noise makers on them. This in spite of the Prius having one of the lowest insurance costs in its class and half the...
10
10

Prius is the most modern car
Name one non-electric car that comes even close to the same payload/ performance as the Prius: o full-size car - 94 ft{3} passenger, 22 ft{3} luggage o 50 MPG combined - EPA tested mileage, 51 City,...
3
3

1 millionth Prius sold in the USA
I'm reminded of all the hybrid skeptics that over the years predicted the death of the Prius: o CNW Marketing and their "Hummer" o Sunday Mail reporting all nickel is used just for hybrid batteries...
131
131

Toyota to discloses onboard computer code in class action suit
Toyota agrees to reveal computer code in sudden-acceleration cases; separately, Toyota wins a case - These two developments underscore the complicated and contentious nature of the ongoing litigation...

Options that are now standard?
In the history of the Prius, regardless of where it's sold, what items or accessories that were, in the past, an option are now standard? This is regardless of trim line. --LG
12
12

THIS time, Japanese NUKED their OWN country
Makes these Toyota recalls look minor.
2
2

Dashboard report on hybrid sales
The key data point from the Dashboard report: Units Group 2.35% 23,263 hybrids 0.64% 6,337 diesels 0.04% 348 Leaf+Volt I'm in complete agreement that there are three groups of hybrids. The Prius alone...