Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2012 BYD F3DM - review - gas electric plug in hybrid
By 2015, Toyota's dominance in the hybrid market will most likely face a serious challenge from Honda(japan), BYD(china) and Hyundai (south korea). Below is a summary on one of these potential...
4
4

ELM 323 responds to AT commands
A while back, I bought an ELM 323, $50 Ebay, thinking it wouldn't be that hard to hack-up software to operate the device . . . only the MacOS is not so friendly about recognizing a generic, serial USB...
2
2

Quantitative Pulse and Glide
Good testing is based upon holding as many variables constant and only changing the one under question. Certainly it is important to document the methodology to so others can replicate THE RESULT. Sad...
19
19

Is there a way to disable the mother hen display?
I have about 6,000 miles on my 2010 Prius, almost all of it on the hilly city streets of San Francisco. Whenever I have a moment to spare I turn off the preachy and potentially distracting display...
5
5

Pedestrian Safety Act 2010 . . . signed into law
Safety is more than words but requires effective actions. So January 2011 is also the month the Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act regulations go through their last public comment...
8
8

trickle down chargers
We are about to have some exceptionally frigid weather here near Boston. Unfortunately, I need to go out and will be parking my car outside for 4 hours or so. That has me wondering whether one can use...
5
5

How a thief can steal your Prius or any keyless entry vehicle
entry systems vulnerable to high-tech car thieves Swiss researchers find holes in the keyless systems from eight car manufacturers. By Colin Bird Remote keyless entry has been around for a while ?...
5
5

Well it happened.
I drove my wife over to the grocery yesterday (about 4 blocks) to do some last minute shopping in my '06 Prius. We went in, did our shopping, got back in the car, and it was locked somewhere between...
23
23

My 2010 Prius key thingie has started flashing a red LED.
What does that mean?
2
2

Consumer Reports - 2002 Toyota Prius tested after nine years
In the 2011 February Issue of Consumer Reports, a 2002 Toyota Prius 4dr sedan with 206,000 miles was borrowed and tested again. CR noted that the Prius traction battery still had no noticable wear and...
1
1

To all the idiot drivers
This is the sequence: 1.  Signal that you are going to turn or change lanes. 2.  Brake or slow down if you need to. 3.  Turn or change lanes. That is the only sequence; do not alter it, and no...
7
7

GM CEO Dan Akerson labels the Toyota Prius as a Geek mobile he'd wouldn't be caught dead in.
story summary: On December 10, 2010, while speaking to "The Economic Club of Washington DC" General Motors CEO Dan Akerson said, "We commonly refer to the geek-mobile as the Prius. And I wouldn't be...
15
15

Poor XM Reception: MICE!
It took two dealers to finally figure out that the loss of my XM reception in my 2010 Prius was caused by MICE CHEWING THRU ANTENNA WIRES! TIP: When you park, CLOSE THE AIR RECYCLING VENT to keep mice...
3
3

Inverter water pump recall
FYI. -- Michelle in your VIN. Limited Service Campaign (LSC) A0N - 2004 through Certain 2007 Model Year Prius Vehicles - Electric Hyrbid Water Pump Replacement Code: A0N Memo: This is a Limited...
6
6

It is time to think about your marriage