Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Prius Vs Fit questions
I am looking at buying a newish car. I have been driving a 03 Mits Lancer, but because of the Milage, and lack of AC, I must sell it. Through my searching I found a Honda Fit. I loved this car and it...
6
6

Tesla all-electric car on Top Gear
What a disaster it turned out to be!! 55 miles per charge when raced around the track. 16 hours per recharge and about 200 grand here to buy. I think I'll stick to my trustyworthy, fuel efficent,...
24
24

2010 Prius III fuel efficiency hypermiling results
I purchased a 2010 Prius III in April 2010. I've been trying out a variety of hypermiling techniques on it since then and I have purchased a Scan gauge II recently to refine those techniques. On short...
84
84

Dash Rattle
Hello group, My 2009 Prius (9,500 miles) has a dash rattle in the area of the clear plastic screen. The a/c seems to bring it on n the summer. Does anyone else have this nice sound effect? Any ideas...
1
1

Ford most-considered brand 2 quarters in row in KBB study
"For the second quarter in a row, Ford is the most-considered automotive brand among new-car shoppers, according to Kelley Blue Book's brand-watch study. Ford scored an overall brand consideration of...
1
1

Can't afford Chevy Volt's $20,000 markup? Just buy a Lexus, it's cheaper.
Because the $5,000 markup for the Prius was just pocket change:
1
1

$20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand
"So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000 over the sticker price. That's right. Months before the first...
16
16

POOR AM/FM Reception: WHY?
Apparently quite a few 2010 Prius owners get very bad AM/FM reception. Anyone had this problem? What is the fix? I suspect that the antenna is not properly connected or that if there is an antenna...
3
3

2001 Prius still gets 49.5MPG
although the main computer was replaced about 40K miles back, this car has been amazing! I only wish that there was a Prius + kit for it. -dmc
1
1

2010 Toyota (UK) Auris HSD full Hybrid
The UK Toyota's Matrix-Yaris-like 5 door Hatchback hybrid borrows the Toyota Prius's drivetrain, powerplant, electric motor, and battery system. It cost 18950 pounds. It accelerates rather slowly from...
1
1

Toyota knew Lexus flaw 2 years ago
"Toyota knew two years ago about the engine problem behind its latest Lexus recall, even changing the spring part to correct it, but did not think a recall was warranted until recently, a company...
7
7

Drivers In Some Toyota Crashes Hit Accelerator, Not Brakes
I think this adds a bit of balance to the discussion. Seems there's now some info to offset a bit of the hysteria and lies: (Of course, this certainly does not mean there is no problem...) WSJ:...
2
2

Auto Hacking, keyless entry, smartkeys
At the ETH in Zurich, Switzerland (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule) one of the professors got a new car, with smartkey, for keyless entry. He offered the car for the test, if the system is...
2
2

Carbon Footprint Emissions: Prius vs Volt vs Leaf
summary: A Department of Energy study found that depending on which electrical utility region an electric or plug-in hybrid recharges from the carbon footprint of the electricity provider to generate...
1
1

Toyota says 270,000 vehicles have faulty engines
Looks like you are sober enough to type. How was your rehab stint? Was it for drugs or alcohol or both? ÞFAULT
2
2