Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Finally have one! :-)
I've posted here in the past, although rarely. Have wanted a Prius since the '04 came out; drove 100 miles to see (other than in pics) & test drive one back then. (In fact, IIRC, someone here read one...
14
14

Coolant Changes
Why are the prescribed changes in coolants for the ICE and inverter systems necessary ?
2
2

Toyota announces plug-in Prius
5
5

Floor matt
Wonder how long for recall for my 2008?

2010 Prius vs 2009 Prius - Hypermiling
Hypermiler Wayne Gerdes Website reports that the 2010 Prius has a different fuel efficiency characteristics than the 2009 Prius. Using a Scan Gauge II (SGII) trip computer [1] , Gerdes says that the...

Explaining the Toyota floor mat recall
"So, what is it about these floormats that¹s causing the problem? Basically, any automaker¹s floormats can slide forward if they¹re not attached to a hook that keeps them in place. However, the...
15
15

Floor matt
2008 here. I wonder how long before Toyota recalls mine.

2010 Cruise Control
The 2010 cruise control differs from the 2005 cruise control. The good news is that it remembers it's setting even when you come to a complete stop and resumes once you are above about 25 mph. The bad...
14
14

Navigation Voice Guidance levels on the G3
Because I couldn't hear the nav. voice guidance above the radio at reasonable radio levels and far from excessive road speeds, I took my G3 along to the dealer, who agreed that the voice level was...
5
5

Marketing blitz in November
The WSJ reports that Toyota has plans fpr a marketing blitz this November

A Plug in Prius is modified to use an algae-gasoline fuel mixture
fyi... Algaeus Lives! A modified Prius goes cross country on fuel from algae. David Bielo. 60 second Science Blog plug-in prius is modified to use a gasoline-algae fuel blend. The gasoline-algae fuel...

SUV drivers take note!
Wed Sep 23, 1:01 pm ET WASHINGTON – New satellite information shows that ice sheets in Greenland and western Antarctica continue to shrink faster than scientists thought and in some places are...

All the reasons why a diesel engine is NOT good for a hybrid system
Seen on Jalopnik: I believe the problem with the diesel-electric hybrid is the law of diminishing returns. What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that the best gas-electric hybrids are not...
3
3

2010 Screen Polarization
I have polarized sunglasses. In my 2005 the navigation display and speedometer display were brightest with my head erect. In the 2010, the polarization of these displays has been rotated clockwise. To...
4
4

2010 navigation voice level
The voice guidance on my 2010 - even at the loudest setting (7 on a scale of 1 - 7) is still barely audible over the radio at moderate volume. Does anyone know of a user-accessible tweak that can...
5
5